Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK adds 2.1 appframework when 2.2 is required

Rainer_S_
Beginner

Hi.

I replaced the 2.1 appframework with 2.2.
Deleted the 2.1 directory..

Now the XDK keeps adding the 2.1 to the app_framework directory and into my html files.

Where is this configured?

Thanks,

Rainer

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

You are talking about the Design View?

That's a tiny bit complicated.   For a newer project App Designer will embed this path to App Framework: app_framework/2.1/appframework.ui.js and if you look at that file it says  /*! intel-appframework - v2.1.0 - 2014-05-22 */ at the top. Despite all this, that is App Framework 2.2. Meaning, if you go download App Framework 2.2 you'll get this same version.  I don't know why the names don't match. It is what it is.

For an older project, you'll have this path:  app_framework/app_framework.ui.js and that is the last 2.0 compatible version of App Framework. 

So, ultimately, if you are using build 1995 (the latest as of today) you should probably be ok and not have to do anything.

But, to answer your question, to stop App Designer from re-introducing App Framework when you insert controls, the inclusion of appframework.ui.js must have a data-ver="1" attribute on it.  And the file should be named appframework.ui.js

<script type="application/javascript" src="app_framework/2.1/appframework.ui.js" data-ver="1"></script>

0 Kudos
Rainer_S_
Beginner

What I am seeing here is an inclusion of af.ui.min.css, icons.min.css, appframework.min.js and appframework.ui.min.js of the 2.1 once i use the designer. (v 1995)
And, as I just checked: they are actually different from the github 2.2. Some minor details, some larger, like the inclusion of ayepromise. (good to know it's there, as it might explain why the inclusion of q promise sometimes fails).

data-ver="1" was already in my html, but this didn't stop the software from including the reference to the older library anyway.Oh, and it downloads the files too.

After that my app stops to function.

Any idea?

0 Kudos