Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK new version: the problem with Certificate for old applications

Stefan_V
Beginner

Hi,

Last week I installed the last version of Intel XDK: 3088. But now I have a new problem. I can't upload the new version of my mobile application on Google Play because I have a different Certificate signature.

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a certificate different from that used for previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Existing APK files are signed with certificates that fingerprints:

said Google Play.

What i have to do? How can I have the same Certificate signature in my application?

Thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Milan_M_
Beginner

I think I have same problem. I have already published App in Play store, with certificate what was automatically signed by XDK (XDK is never asking me for any certificate key,...) so I expecting it was automatically generated for my previous builds.

Is possible download the certificate what was used to use for signing my apps? (for future builds)

maybe here is hint: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#keystore but the link inside doesn't work (https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/certificate/export.aspx)

0 Kudos
Stefan_V
Beginner

Thank you, Milan M.

I'll try your hint. This is the only chance that I have.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Did you convert your "legacy" cert when you upgraded your first project with the new 3088 release? See this page for a quick video and some answers > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/622926 <

0 Kudos
Stefan_V
Beginner

Thank you, Paul!

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Paul> I have the same issue. When I upload my app, the icon was showed and I create a certificate based on the original. I thought it was OK, but when I sent my first app to Google Play, I received this message too.

I tryed to log in with my second account, but it is disabled. I send a message yesterday to html5tools@intel.com asking help. I think that my certificates was merged and I don´t have the second to test.

I am waiting the answer from them to test agian.

0 Kudos
andre_v_
Beginner

Same problem. Any Solution?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We are working on a change to the build system that we believe will fix the issue. I that does not fix it, further investigation will be required. As a workaround you can sign the APKs yourself. As soon as I get time I'll post a pointer to how to do that, you'll find lots of solutions on StackOverflow regarding how to do that. You need to build "unsigned" and you can download the keystore from the cert management console under the little person icon in the upper right corner of the XDK.

0 Kudos
Stefan_V
Beginner

For me the problem is solved. One time when I entered in XDK I have had this choise to build a certificate based on the old version of XDK.

And now I can use this certificate for the old apps.

0 Kudos