Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

background disappears after changing..!

Osama_R_
Novice

dear all :)

i have a strange issue with XDK designer, when i change the background of a page, it disappears!

after investigation i found that designer generates the file "index_main.less.css" by adding ".panel" after the target class name, and when i remove ".panel" it works, but also when i navigate the designer again it will re-generated again!!!

here is the css code:

@media all {
  #afui .about-bg-cultural .panel {
    background-color: #000000;
    background-image: url("../images/blured_bg1.jpg");
    background-position: center center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-size: cover;
  }
}

any suggestion please..?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Osama_R_
Novice

i find the a temp solution!

search for the class name inside the windows explorer, ex: class-name.less

should find two results

remove ".panel" from the both files and save them,

now from xdk envirement when switching to designer you will see the background again,.. but note that every change on the background properties (on the right) it will disappear again !

that was a temporary solution while some geek find the issue :)

regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Osama_R_
Novice

i find the a temp solution!

search for the class name inside the windows explorer, ex: class-name.less

should find two results

remove ".panel" from the both files and save them,

now from xdk envirement when switching to designer you will see the background again,.. but note that every change on the background properties (on the right) it will disappear again !

that was a temporary solution while some geek find the issue :)

regards

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'll let engineering know.

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

The main-less.css file is _generated_ from the main.less file. So any edits to the main-less.css file are always overwritten. It has a comment at the top of the file informing you and warning you to _not_ make changes there.    Generally the best practice for overriding CSS is to make your own CSS and merely bind it in after the main-less.css.   Then you have your own file and don't have to share it with anyone else.  And since it comes later, its CSS overrides.

0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Is this a new project? What version of App Framework is included in your .html file? .panel is the selector for an App Framework 3 page, so it should be responsible for changing the color of the page unless you're missing the .panel div, which is added by the App Framework widgets.

0 Kudos
Osama_R_
Novice

thanks guys, i appreciate all listed workarounds, but hope to see XDK designer works without bugs ;)

Brian, yes it is AppFramework 3..

0 Kudos