Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

backspace not working in gdb-ia

aaron2
New Contributor I

I tried posting in the debug forum but my post didn't show up (I posted in @3p (UTC) on 13Jan20).

My problem is that when I'm inside gdb-ia I can't use backspace, when I try it instead adds a space. I also cannot use the arrow keys to go back and try delete.This is quite annoying for obvious reasons. I'm using parallel studio xe 2019 update 4.243 on linux mint 19.1. gdb-ia --version says it is GNU gdb 8.2.1. I have no problems with my non intel version of gdb, where --version is 8.1.0.20180409-git.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aaron2
New Contributor I

@JuhiB can you post a link of the moved post? I cannot find it. Also I think you are incorrect. The forum details state this forum is "to ask questions of and share information with other users of Intel's debug solutions: [...] Intel versions of GNU* Project Debugger (GDB), ". If you are unaware the Intel version of GDB is gdb-ia. 

0 Kudos
K__Y
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem in gdb-ia. Backspace is unusable, regardless what terminal is set. Works fine with stock gdb. 
Cannot find duplicate that this was referring to.  Any resolution for this, please?

parallel_studio_xe_2019.5.075

0 Kudos
chu__kevin
Beginner

I'm also having this issue. Running gdb-ia through xterm, but stock gdb works fine in the same case.

0 Kudos
Felix_W_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

sorry for the late response. This was a known bug in some of the 2019 versions of our products. Please update your 2019 Intel products to Update 6 to get the fix. Or switch to the 2020 versions if available.

Regards,

Felix

0 Kudos