Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

build error, someone can help me?

Luca_P_1
Beginner

when i try to export my project in crosswalk for android, at the end of the process i get the message:

"unable to build. Please verify you are connected to internet and try again"

i'm regularry connected to internet :|

Someone can help me to solve it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
10 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

What happens when you go to the TEST tab and try to sync? That is trying to push your files up as well.
Are you signed in? (account name should be seen when you click the account icon (top right))

From the image, it looks like the XDK is having issues connecting to our servers.

0 Kudos
Luca_P_1
Beginner

thank you for your quick answer

yes, i'm logged in with my account.

the test mode has crashed when i tryied to upload

i attach the report,

0 Kudos
Luca_P_1
Beginner

No one has any suggest?

:(

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Please have patience, it takes time to investigate these issues.

0 Kudos
Luca_P_1
Beginner

ok

Thank you

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you create a new project based off the the blank sample that is provided and try to build that and see if that helps?

0 Kudos
Luca_P_1
Beginner

I've tryied to build a blank project and it works

my app works in test, but i get that error in build process.

today I've used Python and i've built my apk

but i would like to understand why Xdk doesn't works as the same on my apps :(

probably is my faoult because I miss something stupid.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I can see you only have 1 app in the cloud, the blank one you created.

The other app you have is not in the cloud for some reason. It must be failing before it gets uploaded. Only a guess here, but do you have any invalid/corrupt files in your project directory that could be cause the zip of the project to fail, thus failing to upload and continue with the build process?

0 Kudos
Robert_M_8
Beginner

Hi There

I often have the same issue as described above and it is because the project is too big.  I am using RPG Maker MV and the game is often above 300MB's.  I can clear out all the junk I don't need manually and lower it below 200 MB's and it then works fine.  This is all well and good for now but as I continue to develop and test my game, it will get bigger and bigger.  What is the actual size limit of the project (if there is one)??

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Robert, Google Play store has a limit of 100MB on the size of the APK you submit (that is the compressed size, an APK is a ZIP file). We can increase the size of the allowable packages that you send to the build system, but you're ultimately limited by the store. A 300MB size app is not something many people will download, the download will appear to be hung and they'll likely quit.

0 Kudos