Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

built failed

wang_m_
New Contributor I

The log as below:

Wrote out iOS Bundle Version to "0.0.5"
Copying icon from .../lotnews/images/ip_60.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-60.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/ip_60.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/images/ipr_120.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-60@2x.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/ipr_120.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/images/i6p_180.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-60@3x.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/i6p_180.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/images/ipadm_76.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-76.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/ipadm_76.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/images/ipad_152.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-76@2x.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/ipad_152.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/img/29_29.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-small.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/img/29_29.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/img/58_58.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-small@2x.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/img/58_58.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/img/40_40.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-40.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/img/40_40.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/img/80_80.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-40@2x.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/img/80_80.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/img/57_57.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/img/57_57.png

Copying icon from .../lotnews/img/72_72.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/icons/icon-72.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/img/72_72.png

Copying splash from .../lotnews/images/s320_480.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/splash/Default~iphone.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/s320_480.png

Copying splash from .../lotnews/images/s640_960.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/splash/Default@2x~iphone.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/s640_960.png

Copying splash from .../lotnews/images/s640_1136.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/splash/Default-568h@2x~iphone.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/s640_1136.png

Copying splash from .../lotnews/images/s750_1334.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/splash/Default-667h.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/s750_1334.png

Copying splash from .../lotnews/images/s1242_2208.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/splash/Default-736h.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/s1242_2208.png

Copying splash from .../lotnews/images/Default-Landscape@3x.png to .../lotnews/platforms/ios/lotnews/Resources/splash/Default-Landscape-736h.png
cp: no such file or directory: .../lotnews/images/Default-Landscape@3x.png

Wrote out iOS Product Name and updated XCode project file names from "lotnews" to "乐途网".
************* Processing the main config.xml file (after_prepare)  *****************
App Directory = [.../lotnews]
Will process and update the following config files:
    Config.xml = [.../lotnews/config.xml]
Namespaces:
    prefix/uri ''/'http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets'
    prefix/uri 'intelxdk'/'http://xdk.intel.com/ns/v1'
Name of the app is [乐途网]
Updating full app name to [乐途网]
Processing preference permissions
Updating the versionCode
Setting [CFBundleVersion] to 1.0.2
Updating the versionName
Setting [CFBundleShortVersionString] to 0.0.5
Processing debuggable
Processing config file values
Image height/width = 180/180
Copied image file icon-60@3x
The build failed.
An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.
You can view the log of the iOS build here
Build Log:
  • Building a Cordova 4.1.2 application.
  • The application name is "lotnews"
  • The package name is "com.lotnt.newsapp"
  • Will use the provisioning profile for "adhoc"
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.splashscreen" (0.3.5) installed.
  • Plugin "com.intel.xdk.device" (1.0.9) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.device" (0.2.13) installed.
  • Plugin "com.intel.xdk.player" (1.0.0) installed.
  • Plugin "com.cordova.background-audio" (1.0.0) installed.
  • Plugin "de.appplant.cordova.plugin.hidden-statusbar-overlay" (1.2.0) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.console" (0.2.13) installed.
  • Plugin "com.intel.xdk.audio" (1.0.0) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.vibration" (0.3.12) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.dialogs" (0.2.11) installed.
  • Plugin "com.phonegap.plugins.PushPlugin" (2.4.0) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.geolocation" (0.3.11) installed.
  • Targeting iOS version 8.0.
  • Copied i6p_180.png (180x180) image file to icon-60@3x
  • An unexpected error occured while attempting to build the application.

Why the path was set to lotnews/images and lotnews/img ,that should be lotnews/www/images ,and I tried to copy the two images folder to lotnews/ but still build failed . 

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
wang_m_
New Contributor I

Thank you John ,I removed all icon and splash tags from intelxdk.config.additions.xml ,and then it build successfully

My trouble is from the pictures :(

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
38 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I was able to download the app, I'll test it and get a copy to the build engineer.

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

Okay thank you

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

Paul Fischer (Intel) wrote:

The word is that this has been fixed, but since it is still failing for you there may be something else going on. Can you provide me with a small sample app that causes the failure. ZIP the entire project directory and attach it to this thread.

Thank you so much :)

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

Does  it  work on your side?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It fails for me, as well. I'll make sure the build engineer gets a copy so he can see what is happening.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The build engineer has found the source of the problem. His explanation follows:

Images that are not found but contain a Unicode application name were causing the build to fail. The unicode app name used in the path was getting double encoded when an error copying an image occurred.

The fix is on our staging server for testing. When it is ready to move to production I'll repost here.

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

I just tried version 2248 , failed as well ,Is that a big problem?

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

By the way english capital letters app name also cause build fail ,such as LOTNEWS

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The build server and the XDK are independent, so updates to the XDK do not automatically result in changes to the build server. Regarding the all uppercase letters in the app name, did you try that test on a blank template app?

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

Nope I renamed the app name 乐途网 to LOTNEWS , build fail, if I  rename it lotnews ,build successfully

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

@wang ~

I see you have completed several ios cordova builds. Does this mean that you have solved your troubles?

If not, please let me know what user you are logging in as, as well as the bundleID of the app.

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

@wang ~

I see you have completed several ios cordova builds. Does this mean that you have solved your troubles?

If not, please let me know what user you are logging in as, as well as the bundleID of the app.

Hi John  nice to see you again

I  have not solved my trouble, The app will fail build  when the app name is chinese characters, the app ID is  com.lotnt.newsapp

the app name is 乐途网

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I changed one of my apps title to 乐途网 and it built just fine for iOS cordova. If you change it to ABCDE, does it build?

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

I changed one of my apps title to 乐途网 and it built just fine for iOS cordova. If you change it to ABCDE, does it build?

Yes it build successfully, I can upload my app demo , you try if it build successfully.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Worked for me! All I changed is the provisioning profile. I did not add the 3rd party plugins that you have included though or specify all the icons.

The Build Was Successful!
Download your application.

Send out some build notifications.   Enter a comma separated list of email addresses below.
Recipient List   Use a secure download link
Once you have downloaded your application for the Apple App Store, you will need to configure and submit it on iTunes Connect
  • Login to iTunes Connect
  • Select Manage Your Applications.
  • Create and configure the application.
  • Once the application is in the state Waiting for Upload, use the Application Loader application on an Apple Mac to submit the application to the App Store.
You can view the log of the iOS build here
Build Log:
  • Building a Cordova 4.1.2 application.
  • The application name is "乐途网"
  • The package name is "com.teamjph.aaxx2"
  • Will use the provisioning profile for "adhoc"
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.device" (0.2.13) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.splashscreen" (0.3.5) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.geolocation" (0.3.11) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.dialogs" (0.2.11) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.vibration" (0.3.12) installed.
  • Targeting iOS version 8.0.
  • Warning: No images provided in the intelxdk.config.xml file... using the defaults.
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPad Retina portrait (1536w x2008h). The default will be provided.
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPad portrait (768w x1004h). The default will be provided.
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPhone Retina (640w x960h). The default will be provided.
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPhone 6 Plus Landscape (2208w x1242h).
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPhone 6 Plus Portrait (1242w x2208h).
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPad Retina Landscape (2048w x1496h). The default will be provided.
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPhone 6 Landscape (1334w x750h).
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPhone (320w x480h). The default will be provided.
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPhone 5 (640w x1136h). The default will be provided.
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPhone 6 Portrait (750w x1334h).
  • Warning: No splash screen supplied for iPad Landscape (1024w x748h). The default will be provided.
Want a little free publicity?
If you are interested in having Intel use your app for promotions (on our website and in publications, for example), check this box.

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

Thank you John ,I removed all icon and splash tags from intelxdk.config.additions.xml ,and then it build successfully

My trouble is from the pictures :(

0 Kudos
john_h_12
Beginner

Glad to hear you got it building again :)

0 Kudos
Ganesh_R_Intel
Employee

Watch out for image formats. This is a frequently asked question.  https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general

This thread is closed but available as a readable historical reference. 

Please start a new thread if you have further questions.

0 Kudos