Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
17065 Discussions

cordova.plugins.email.open - HELP-ME

Jorge_F_1
Beginner

Personally, I need some help, I am new to android and Intel XDK. See my code below. I can not send email. Where am I going wrong? because the code produces no effect ?. I am using Intel XDK version 3400 and the plug-cord-mail ... My smartphone is moto g, android. please help me. Thank you.

<Script>
     document.addEventListener ('deviceready', function () {
     // Cordova.plugins.email is now available
}, False);

cordova.plugins.email.isAvailable (
     function (isAvailable) {
     // Alert ( 'Service is not available') unless isAvailable;
     }
);
</ Script>

<Button onclick = "mail ()"> Email </ button>

<Script>
email function () {
     alert ( 'ok')
     cordova.plugins.email.open ({
     to 'luisv77@bol.com.br'
     subject: 'Greetings'
     body: 'Hello How are you?'
     });
}
</ Script>

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

There's a few things I see here.

First, you may not need a Cordova plugin for this.  If you use a "mailto" link, that might be all you need, i.e.:

<a href="mailto:foo@bar.com"><button>Click here</button></a>

Additionally, you're calling a function "mail()", but haven't defined it anywhere, and further down you're creating a function by saying "email function ()" which should cause a syntax error.  It should be either "email = function ()" or "function email()", but either one creates a function "email" not "mail.

I would try the 'mailto' link.

Jorge_F_1
Beginner

My friend, no.

Already I rummaged through a lot, trying to find a solution for email sent from an application developed in Intel XDK, but unfortunately did not find any. My suggestion in this forum would suggest, ask to develop a step-by-step, if possible with video of an example showing how this could be done. I'm already in version 3400 Intel XDK, work or how to pray.