Beginner

great update,but slow on build app

it keep in processing for a long time

just me?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

Yeah, sorry about that.  It's a known issue and we're working on it -  cf https://twitter.com/Intel_XDK/status/714554655733321729

Thanks for your patience

Dale

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Fong K and Dale Schouten,

Fong is not the only one that has speed issues. After upgrading, I also noticed really slower app builds. I'm working on both OS X and Windows and in both platforms Intel XDK is really slower building apps.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Gaston-Hillar -- we had to make some changes that increased the amount of data that is pushed to the build server, in order to resolve some build problems we were having. We hope to optimize the size of that package in a future version, but for now more data is being uploaded due to too many sporadic build problems with the old method. It was a trade off between speed and successful builds.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Paul,

Thanks for the additional details. I understand. There is always a trade off. It's great to know we can expect successful builds. I want builds to be successful, and therefore, I can live with the additional required time until improvements come in future releases. Keep up the good work on Intel XDK.

0 Kudos