Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

how to uninstall XDK? (Installed Twice)

Vinicius1
Beginner

Hi guys.
How solve this problem:

I tried to uninstall the current version and then the old version.
But it did not work

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

Hmm, yes, what Amr says is what happens for me. But you already show "Alterar" - "Change" without the uninstall. If you have not made a selection yet, then select something and see if the "Alterar" button changes. Or maybe you have to click "Alterar" and then will have the option to uninstall.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

See this FAQ for complete uninstall instructions: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#uninstall-xdk

This won't get rid of the extra icons in your Windows Control Panel. For that you're going to have to search the Internet to find out how to eliminate those from the uninstall control panel. But do a complete manual uninstall first, then use whatever you find on the Internet to remove the extra uninstall icons, then reinstall the XDK.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

I can't install the latest XDK.

I have restarted my system but, I can't install/uninstall. It keeps on showing "Another XDK instance is running".

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Michael,

If you've followed the instructions that Paul pointed to to uninstall previous versions and the new version still will not install, make sure you do not have any nw.exe processes running. 

NOTE: for uninstalling previous versions, be sure to follow the instructions about global-settings so that your project list will return in your new installation.

Pamela

0 Kudos
Doug_H_
Beginner

Uninstalling Intel XDK

12/8/2015

Windows 10 64-bit

I tried to uninstall Intel XDK via the standard Windows "Settings/System/Apps & features" method:  select the app then select the Uninstall option. 

The uninstall procedure went through the motions of uninstalling the app, but did NOT uninstall it.  Tried this several times, still would not uninstall...

After wasting an hour or so researching and struggling with this problem I tried re-installing the app from scratch and immediately got a setup option to Uninstall the app.  Selected that option and it worked!  Goodbye, Intel XDK!

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

Hello guys! 

I have found a simple solution to this issue. If you want to uninstall XDK for whatever reason(even though I believe it's the best open source IDE for app dev), go to your desktop tiles on Windows 8 and do the following:

1. Close all applications and folders on your system

2. Right click on Intel XDK icon and choose open file location

3. If your path is like ..../AppData/Roaming/......... go to AppData/Local/XDK 

4. Delete the XDK folder  

5. Go to your programs under Control Panel and uninstall XDK(select the check box during this process)

To reinstall, download the XDK and install afresh.

Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Reginaldo_P_
Beginner

Thank you Doug H. for share...

Your tip  was the only thing that worked for me.

0 Kudos