Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

html/angularjs/cordova mobile app web service content loads after install only

Darrell_L_
Beginner

I have built a html/angularjs/cordova(cli 5.1.1) mobile app that gets content from a web service, and also uses admob. I have built the application with intel xdk. I did a crosswalk build, as I am trying to get a build for arm based processors.

After first installing the arm version of the application to my device, the application works as it should. The web service content and banner ads populate as expected.

I decided to minimize the application, and the next day I resumed it, and then for some reason the content from the web service and the admob banner wouldn’t show. I tried closing the application, and reopening it again, and I got the error message “Unable to start activity ComponentInfo”

I closed the application, an I left it for a couple hour, I started the application, and it started without error, but the webservice content, and the admob banner are not displaying. The app is running , and I can click links to static content, and that displays as expected

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Have you tried the unminimized version again?   Minimization changes variable and method names and it's possible that if there is some code dispatched by string that it would then become broken.   

I don't know if that would affect the service calls, but I can imagine that it might.  Not sure.

0 Kudos
Darrell_L_
Beginner

Sorry I don't think I explained myself correctly.  When I say minimize the application, I  left in running in the background instead of  closing the app.  I was thinking the issue might be tied to the onResume or something

0 Kudos