Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iOS 9.3.3 has broken cordova.plugins.barcodeScanner

Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

A user upgraded their iPhone to 9.3.3 and my app will no longer scan QR Codes.

I can confirm that an iPhone still running iOS 9.2 still works.

I have cordova.plugins.barcodeScanner Version 4.0.2 installed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Just upgraded the project to Cordova 6.2.0 and Target iOS Version 9.0.

cordova.plugins.barcodeScanner is now version 4.1.0 but still I cannot scan qr codes.

The camera will load and the QR box with red line shows on the screen, but point at a QR code and there is no response at all, it just sits there.

I can confirm the latest setup works on iOS9.2. The other difference is iOS9.3.3 is running on an iPhone 4s. I can also confirm that the scanner will scan Barcodes but not QR Codes.

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

OK further to this and a lot of testing it appears that focusing the camera on the qr code so that it fills the box on screen is no good, I moved the camera away from the qr code, until it was about half to 1/3rd the size and it scanned OK, but it took a lot of trial and error to get the camera the right distance from the qr code which shouldn't be necessary, and was certainly not necessary on the previous working version I compiled.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Nick -- you should be using https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugin-barcodescanner (did you add the plugin using the XDK plugin manager?). Remove the old version:

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 10.41.40 AM.png

Install a newer version:

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 10.45.38 AM.png

Unfortunately, the Android version of that plugin is limited to 4.1.0, due to the use of a custom gradle script. Our build system does not currently support custom gradle scripts. That means that you are not able to build with the later versions of the plugin, using our build system.

0 Kudos