Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iOS Build email : missing install link

Fab_V_
New Contributor I

The last build ios emails received today are missing the link

Click here to install your app OTA on iOS 4+ devices.

Is it normal ? can you put it again please

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Romuald_B_1
Beginner

Same problem here :-(

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Appears that a change in the backend has broken the OTA link. We're working on rolling back that change, should be fixed by the end of the day.

0 Kudos
Romuald_B_1
Beginner

Thank you Paul !

0 Kudos
Mike_C_2
Beginner

Same problem here, I can download OTA from the direct email it sends to my inbox when the build is complete, but sharing emails have a broken OTA link. Thanks Paul!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Mike -- are you still seeing a broken OTA link in shared emails? I just confirmed that the issue remains fixed. There is a seven day timeout on those links, so if you wait for more than a week you'll have to re-share the link.

0 Kudos
Mike_C_2
Beginner

Yes. The links are still broken. It works on my device, but not others. Those devices are in the provisioning profile and have worked in the past.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_C_2
Beginner

Also, it's worth noting that the only thing that has changed with these devices is that they are all running iOS 10.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Mike -- I just did a bunch of builds for iOS, trying to debug an issue, and every OTA link worked perfectly. Sometimes installs on an iOS device fail if you still have a previous version of the app installed. In that case it works better to remove the existing app first and then try the OTA install.

0 Kudos