Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[iOS] Textbox Issues

David_O_3
Beginner

I've compiled a HTML5 + Cordova app and it downloads/runs just fine on the device.

The issue I'm having is with the login screen.  When a user enters their username and password, the textboxes clear out and it acts as if the page has been refreshed.

I uploaded the html5 web app to a server and checked to see if the issue occurred, but it did not.

What could be causing this?

Using Intel XDK v1995

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Which version of iOS are you using? 

I uploaded the html5 web app to a server and checked to see if the issue occurred, but it did not.\

You mean it works correctly on App Preview but fails with a built app?

Which UI framework are you using? Please send your project zip if possible.

Swati

0 Kudos
David_O_3
Beginner

Well, I mean I uploaded to a personal server to do a test via the web browser. The issue doesn't occur there.

Is there a PM system that'd I'd use for sending you the files?

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

You can PM using "Send Author a Message" link on top of the comment.

Which version of iOS are you using? 

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi David,

I looked at your app. There are few issues.

1) You have to put a * in Domain Lists input box under Build Settings on Projects tab. This will allow your app to access other domains via ajax.

2) There is a known issue where ajax does not work on Android 5.0+ and some Android 4.4 devices when you use Corodva CLI 4.1.2. This should not affect you since you are building for iOS but to be safe I would change the CLI version to 3.5 (again on Projects page under build settings)

3) Apparently you started your app as a Standard HTML5 app and you are using some device APIs, in order to use the device features the app has to be a HTML5+Cordova type. There are two ways you can do that : a) Upgrade your Project using Upgrade option (click on cordova icon) under Project Info on Projects tab. b) Start your project from scratch using blank Cordova+HTML5 template and move your code to the new project.

Try these 3 things and let me know if it still does not work.

Swati

0 Kudos