Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iOS build failed

Konstantin_R_
New Contributor I

Hi all!

I use XDK 3522 CLI 6.2.0. 
I get error 65 when i create ios build, but all plugins installed successful. How can i fix it?

1 error generated.

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CompileC build/Heart\ Box.build/Release-iphoneos/Heart\ Box.build/Objects-normal/armv7/AdColonyPlugin.o Heart\ 
Box/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-adcolony/AdColonyPlugin.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.
compiler
(1 failure)
Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/cordova/
build-release.xcconfig,-project,Heart Box.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 arm64,-target,Heart Box,-configuration,
Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../cordova_project/platforms/
ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Konstantin_R_
New Contributor I

Any help?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Regarding response time to your post, please read the sticky notes each day for important information regarding availability > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/681642 < We only provide support during Pacific Time, Monday thru Friday, during regular business hours. We do not provide support during US holidays and support is limited during vacation weeks.

Regarding your build error, the essence of the problem is in the lines above those you quoted:

In file included from .../cordova_project/platforms/ios/Heart Box/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-adcolony/AdColonyPlugin.m:5:
Heart Box/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-adcolony/AdColonyPlugin.h:6:9: fatal error: 'AdColony/AdColony.h' file not found
#import <AdColony/AdColony.h>
        ^
1 error generated.

** BUILD FAILED **

and appears to be due to a problem with one of your plugins (it appears to be missing a header file). Perhaps there is something wrong with the copy you are using or it was copied incorrectly into your project? Did you include that plugin by referencing a github repo or the Cordova plugin registry?

0 Kudos
Konstantin_R_
New Contributor I

I have nothing against the response time and am glad that you respond to my question Paul F.  Thank you!

About Error:
This is  cordova-plugin-ad-appodeal and and I added it both ways, but get one fail result. If i remove this plugin - built successful. But i use this plugin for monetisation my game and he need for me. Also behaves and other plug-in cordova-plugin-ad-admob but  can't find another file.

Unfortunately Сranberrygame does not respond to messages and I do not know how to fix it.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Konstantin -- that plugin adds a large number of dependent plugins (I added it to a blank app to test the build). I'm assuming you're seeing the same as what I see (below). One of the added plugins utilizes hooks scripts (cordova-plugin-ad-admob-sdk), which will not work with our build system.

The size of the app is very large, and this may be the problem (with just my blank app and that plugin I end up with a 206MB project folder). Your project is likely even bigger. So I think there are two issues here:

• hooks script in one of the dependent plugins
  • very large project size

I recommend you find a different ad plugin. Sorry, but we're not in a position to offer suggestions regarding ads and monetization, it's outside the scope of the XDK and the support we can provide for the XDK. My attempt to build also failed, probably due to the failed hooks script.

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 4.11.14 PM.png

0 Kudos
Konstantin_R_
New Contributor I

Thank you for reply Paul F. 

Also behaves and other plug-in cordova-plugin-ad-admob but  can't find another file. But why if i remove this plugin from Plugin Management and add to intelxdk.config.additions.xml:

<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-ad-admob" 
intelxdk:value="https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-ad-admob" />

Build is successful, and cordova-plugin-ad-admob and  cordova-plugin-ad-admob-sdk is insalled successful?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm confused by your last post, I thought you were having trouble with cordova-plugin-ad-appodeal, which is what I show in the image in my last post and that is the plugin that caused failures in my build.

Did you try adding cordova-plugin-ad-admob using the plugin manager? Using the additions.xml file is not guaranteed to work and, in future releases, will not work.

0 Kudos
Konstantin_R_
New Contributor I

Paul F. you're right, i having trouble with cordova-plugin-ad-appodeal, but i try build and with cordova-plugin-ad-admob and get same error.

I add cordova-plugin-ad-admob using the plugin manager and get error, but if if  remove this plugin from Plugin Management and add to intelxdk.config.additions.xml - build is successful.

0 Kudos