Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iOS build failes for new app

BerndB
Beginner

Hi Intel team,

my build for a new iOS App failed, while for other (old) apps it works fine for iOS. Build fo new app for Android works fine too..

The error from the log file:

shell.js: internal error
Error: EINVAL, invalid argument '.../voktra/platforms/ios/voktra.xcodeproj'

at Object.fs.renameSync (fs.js:543:18)
    at /Developer/cordova/5.1.1/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/node_modules/shelljs/src/mv.js:77:8
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at Object._mv (/Developer/cordova/5.1.1/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/node_modules/shelljs/src/mv.js:53:11)
    at Object.mv (/Developer/cordova/5.1.1/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/node_modules/shelljs/src/common.js:186:23)
    at pbxProject.<anonymous> (/Developer/cordova/5.1.1/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/metadata/ios_parser.js:198:23)
    at pbxProject.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at pbxProject.<anonymous> (/Developer/cordova/5.1.1/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/node_modules/xcode/lib/pbxProject.js:30:18)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at handleMessage (child_process.js:322:10)

Thank you for you support

Cheers Bernd

0 Kudos
1 Solution
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I remember seeing something similar to this a while back. It appears to be a to be a core Cordova bug. The fix is to not have the same project name and App Name and you should be good. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I see you have a bunch of builds attempted this morning, but only 3 have succeeded. Are you changing anything with the ones that have succeeded?

0 Kudos
BerndB
Beginner

Hi John,

thx for your reply.

The ones that succeeded i've set the "App Name" to lower letters like in the "App ID".

When  i use a different setting in the "App Name" (i.e. all Uppercase or Mixed), the build faills for iOS. On Android i can use whatever "App Name". It looks like to be an old issue of naming/renaming !?

Other apps i did for iOS are not affected ! Sounds crazy to me that only the new App doesn't work.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I remember seeing something similar to this a while back. It appears to be a to be a core Cordova bug. The fix is to not have the same project name and App Name and you should be good. 

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Its an underlying issue with ios cordova. If you built using the CLI on your own computer, you would have the same issue :(

0 Kudos