Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

iOS certificates / CSR / P12 / Provisioning

Bonnell__ryan
Novice

I have been created certificates, profiles, p12's for over 4 hours today and several times daily in the last week. I have followed the links regarding maintaining, creating, etc which are fair but link off to this and that and do this before that - which is confusing. I am constantly getting the same message but have no build file to evaluate.

The message is "your provision does not match your selected certificate".

I have tried every combination. Have only 2 certificates, A wildcard App id and 2 provisioning profiles (adhoc and development). No matter what I do the build fails everytime.

Does anyone know of a clear and concise method (the FAQ's are not really that concise)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Paul,

Yes I did watch the video. followed it step by step and still get the same thing: "Error: Your mobile provisioning profile does not match your selected certificate".

Where could the error be? And what Specifically needs to match between the profile and the cert?

Does the App ID have to be identical? Pretty sure I did that.
I followed it exactly. Anything else I can try? frustrating........ 

Your Apple developer console will provide you with the cert and the mobile provisioning files that you need. That is where you configure which devices can be used with a mobile provisioning files and which certs can be used with each mobile provisioning file, as well as which App ID can be used with each provisioning file. All of this is done in your App Developer console, and is something that you configure. All you are doing with the XDK is providing it with a matching pair of certs.

The process varies as a function of the OS you are using. See these doc pages:

These articles can also help, if you use them, you should follow the XDK instructions for a MAC:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rupesh_p_
Beginner

Hey Ryan,

Try this: https://www.raywenderlich.com/123862/push-notifications-tutorial

This tutorial has been updated for iOS 9.1. I used the previous version of the tutorial for everything you are trying to achieve. It was perfect if you follow it to the T.

Hope it helps.

Rupesh

w: creativegray.com

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ryan -- have you watched this video > https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/app-certificate-management < ?

0 Kudos
Bonnell__ryan
Novice

rupesh p. wrote:

Hey Ryan,

Try this: https://www.ray**********com/1238**/**********cations-tutorial

This tutorial has been updated for iOS 9.1. I used the previous version of the tutorial for everything you are trying to achieve. It was perfect if you follow it to the T.

Hope it helps.

Rupesh

w: creativegray.com

Hey Rupesh, Please don't spam my request with your links which are totally unrelated!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Paul,

Yes I did watch the video. followed it step by step and still get the same thing: "Error: Your mobile provisioning profile does not match your selected certificate".

Where could the error be? And what Specifically needs to match between the profile and the cert?

Does the App ID have to be identical? Pretty sure I did that.
I followed it exactly. Anything else I can try? frustrating........ 

Your Apple developer console will provide you with the cert and the mobile provisioning files that you need. That is where you configure which devices can be used with a mobile provisioning files and which certs can be used with each mobile provisioning file, as well as which App ID can be used with each provisioning file. All of this is done in your App Developer console, and is something that you configure. All you are doing with the XDK is providing it with a matching pair of certs.

The process varies as a function of the OS you are using. See these doc pages:

These articles can also help, if you use them, you should follow the XDK instructions for a MAC:

0 Kudos
Bonnell__ryan
Novice

Thanks Paul,

I finally figured out. I went through and created my own "5 Minute Provisioning" tutorial. That helped me determine the problem with the links provided. 

Thanks Again!

0 Kudos