Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iOS production legacy not including any icons

sebastian_r_
Beginner

Hi.

I have a project i just finished but when i build the project into a distributable zip for the app-store, the zip will not

include any of the icons. It will give you only black png`s for the icons, even if you upload them all again.

Please any help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

A couple things:

How are you coming to this conclusion? Unzipping and looking at the files? You can not unzip the package before uploading via application loader. It is a signed zip. Google for the black icon issue, that is how the builds are submitted. Dont has me how or why, but when you upload to the store they look fine.

Second, did you see all the notifications about legacy builds being deprecated? They will be removed from the build system altoghether soon. You should be building with the Cordova builds.

0 Kudos
sebastian_r_
Beginner

Thanks for the info. 

Is there any manual or tutorial for old users having to switch to the new Cordova environment ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is no doc for upgrading from legacy to Cordova. By and large, the method of programming is the same. In general, you'll find lots of information out there for Cordova. The main differences are the fact that you can use third-party plugins and how you configure the build system is different.

0 Kudos
sebastian_r_
Beginner

Thanks Paul. Hey Intel team, the bug is still there. I changed the icons carefully, then sent the build to apple, they approved and sadly, the

icon for the app is the INTEL icon, not the one i provided. I´m using an ipad 2. Thanks.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The current version of the XDK should insert your icons into the project. Are you using the icon and splash screen tools on the Projects tab? We have many people that have successfully built iOS apps and submitted them to the Apple store, so I'm not clear on what bug you are referring to.

0 Kudos
sebastian_r_
Beginner

Paul Fischer (Intel) wrote:

The current version of the XDK should insert your icons into the project. Are you using the icon and splash screen tools on the Projects tab? We have many people that have successfully built iOS apps and submitted them to the Apple store, so I'm not clear on what bug you are referring to.

Hi Paul. You`re right, many people and even myself, have sent apps succesfullly to the appstore. So the first time this happened, i thought that it was 

that i just forgot to include one of the icons, so i made it again, and carefully selected the icons on the projects tab. But again, after the apple approval process, i downloaded the app and sadly, the icon is not correct. 

0 Kudos
sebastian_r_
Beginner

Also, there are two dialogs that ask for the icons. One on the project tab, and one on the build menu, under assets. Which one is the most important, or we have to put the icons on both ? 

thanks.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sebastian, please see this thread (which I believe you are also one) for an answer regarding some missing iOS icons: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/559079

Regarding icons on the build tab, that implies you are using the Legacy build tile, not the Cordova build tile (my instructions above apply to the Cordova build tile). Please do not use the Legacy build tile unless you have a significant reason to keep using it. That build system is not being maintained and will disappear. We ask that all users migrate their apps to the Cordova build system. There is no way to upload icons using the Cordova build tile, only by setting them up on the Projects tab and using the additions.xml file (per the other forum thread reference).

0 Kudos