Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

icc: warning #10362:

Ba_T_
Beginner

Hi! I am now using Intel Parallel Studio Cluster Edition 2016 (update-2) for Windows! And I try my openmp program with Xeon-phi! When I build my program with the following command ==>>

icl /Qmic -qopenmp example.cppCapture_0.JPG

I get "a.out" file! And I can execute "a.out" file on Xeon-Phi.
But at the step of building program according to above command I get this warning ==>>" 
icc: warning #10362: Environment configuration problem encountered. Please check for proper MPSS installation and environment setup."

I really want to know why this warning appears.

Thank you for reading,

Best regards,

Ba Hla Than!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I expect you are hitting a known issue with the MPSS 3.6 release (and possibly earlier releases too) where the icc driver is expecting to find a GNU 5.1.1 directory within the MPSS installed image; however, that directory is missing; hence the warning. (A side note: Without MPSS installed the compilation issues the same warning but ultimately fails due to not finding other needed include files.)

There are related internal defects filed (DPD200377622 / HSD 5163141) for the symptom you reported. According to these the issue is resolved with MPSS 3.6.1 (and later). The HSD is referenced in the MPSS release notes here.

That your producing and able to run the executable suggests some programs do not depend on the directory but the best solution is to upgrade to the latest available MPSS, or at least MPSS 3.6.1. MPSS version details are available here, https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-manycore-platform-software-stack-mpss.

0 Kudos
Ba_T_
Beginner

Thanks for your careness!
I will update the least MPSS version!

0 Kudos
kumar__subashchandar

Even if I update to latest update, the same above error persists. >" icc: warning #10362: Environment configuration problem encountered. Please check for proper MPSS installation and environment setup."

0 Kudos