Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

invalid license file of VTune for linux

zhe_huangge_com
Beginner

I have download the evaluation version VTune for linux's install package(9.1 ver), and I have got the email that contents the license file.

But, when I enter the license file to the install program, it side the license file is invalid.

I got the license file form websit again, but it is totally same, so it is not work.

How can I get a valid license file?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi Huang,
I can help you with this. Could you try installing using the serial number? You can view the product serial number by logging onto the Intel Registration Center (https://registrationcenter.intel.com) using your login ID and password.

Meanwhile, I just want to make sure the tool is picking the correct license file. Have you placed the license file in the default folder on Linux* which is /opt/intel/licenses/?

In any case, the installation should allow you to point to the license file irrespective of where you place it. I have once again resent the license file to your e-mail address. Please try placing the license file in the "/opt/intel/licenses/" directory and try again (but if you are able to install using the serial number as described above, you need not do this step)

Please let me know if you are still stuck. I will be happy to help.

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
zhe_huangge_com
Beginner
Krishna,
thanks for you advice. I have received your email that contented license file. The license file you send to me is same with mine.Ican't install using serial number, so I copiedyour license file to /opt/intel/licenses/ and download the install package again then try again.It still said"Invalid license file".
WhatshouldI do now? Thanks for help again.
Huang
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi Huang,
I am sorry about you still facing problems. I will look into it and come back soon. Thank you for using the forum.

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi Huang,
I just want to make sure you are installing the right product associated with this license. Here are some suggestions and also a couple questions:

- Is it possible to start afresh by downloading the product again and trying using the license file?

- May I know why you are unable to install using the serial number? Generally, when the computer on which you are trying to install the product is not connected to the Internet, you alternatively install using a license file. But otherwise, install using serial number should work.

I am sorry about you being stuck with the installation. I will continue to investigate and come back with updates.

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
zhe_huangge_com
Beginner
Hi Krishna,

The good new is I have avoid the install problem by using the linux remote data collection program. I do not know why my intall packagedoes not accept the license file ,but it is not a problem now.RDC is enough for me to analyse my program. It is very kind of you to give my so much advice.

Thanks,
Huang Zhe
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi Huang,
Glad to hear you are not stuck and are moving forward. But I will continue to investigate the problem as it seems a little unusual.

Most importantly, thank you so much for taking the time to evaluate our product. It would be really helpful for us if you could provide feeback about your experience using our product. Please feel free to use the forum to post any questions/issues you may have.

Kind Regards,
Krishna
0 Kudos