Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

ipa is not be able to install on iOS8.3

wang_m_
New Contributor I

buit successfully target version iOS 8.0 by intel XDK 1912 ,After sync by itunes only can see a gray icon ,if you click on it ,the topic became installing.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you install it on other devices?

Are all the devices listed in the provisioning profile you supplied to the XDK?

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

I tried two devices  iphone5 iphone 6 plus , firstly the iphone5 was iOS 7.X  it worked fine with the ipa built by intel XDK 1912 , but that iphone 6 plus was not be able to install the same ipa (the two devices  were included in the certifaction),unfortunately  I upgraded the iphone5 to iOS8.3 ,It was not be able to install my ipa anymore . Now , I can not  restore iphone5 to iOS7.X  and both of them are not working, nothing to do , pls help

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

That doesnt make any sense. Add these UDID your devices, update the provisioning profile, download it and pick it in the XDK again under the Build settings.

b4e5ca2b91dcc1750b3f9eba7652f2e0a1300c47

ea9dd89e3c1eda0a5e5021d187a253c728f973f4

Build your app again and when the build completes enter this email into the form provided to send me a build.  Inteldevice@gmail.com

From there, I can try to install the app on and iPHone 6+ and iPhone 6.

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

Okay I had rebuilt and sent to you ,please check , thank you

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You did not send me the successful build notification that I asked for. Rebuild your app, then when you get the build complete screen in the XDK, enter the email address I provided, uncheck the SECURE box, then press the SEND button.

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

Sorry  I sent again

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

I upgraded to new version  xdk1995 and rebuilt, but still was not able to install, just like before

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You must not have the UDID of the iphone in the provisioning profile. I used the email that you sent to me to install your app on an iphone 6, that I just updated to 8.3.

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

I am so sorry John ,I am new hand to iOS, I do not know why the provision status became invalid. Today I rebuilt the provisions and added  your two uuids to my devices and one more ipad  with system iOS 8.1.3 ,unfortunately still the same result.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I know what your issue is :)

The UDID that you gave to the apple developer portal are incorrect. They probably start with FFFFFF. These are INCORRECT. Whatever app you used to get the UDID from the device is junk. Hook your devices up to iTunes to get the correct UDID.

:)

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

I updated my devices UDID ,like the attachment, but still can not install the app,the app icon  is  still gray cordova , time goes so fast  I will be crazy  :( 

By the way could you install the app by the link I sent to you?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Yes, I could install and launch your app using the link you sent me.

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

That is weird,My three devices are not working ,only display the gray icon ,would you please give me some advice to try?something wrong with my iTunes ?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Heres what I suggest.

Remove the app from device. Build the app again. When the build completes email (like you did for me) the build to an email address that is setup with the mail app on the phone and use the OTA link to install it. I hate iTunes. 

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

I tried OTA ,it appears messy code, because there are chinese words in my app, and failed with "you cannot install it at this time" , though I hate itunes  also ,I had to use it 

0 Kudos