Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

mobile app development tools

icodeforcoffee
Beginner
What tools are you using for Mobile app development?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
colby_a
Novice
Im using dragonfiresdk for iphone dev on my pc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
colby_a
Novice
Im using dragonfiresdk for iphone dev on my pc.
0 Kudos
icodeforcoffee
Beginner
You can develop entirely on a Windows platform for the iphone? Can you publish to the app store with it?
0 Kudos
colby_a
Novice
Yeah, you make the app inside Visual Studio, but can publish it to the app store.
0 Kudos
extendcod
Beginner
We offers effective Mobile Applications that can extend your enterprise to your customers and field employees. Development Environment- Depending upon the requirement, the development environment can be Microsoft or SAP based.
0 Kudos
Jdeprat
Beginner
We love Unity for HTML5 games
0 Kudos
Nikitas_C_
Beginner

I use phonegap for cross platform applications (ios android windows sybian blackberry and more) by coding html and javascript ask a simple webpage

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>>>...DragonFireSDK... >> >>... you make the app inside Visual Studio, but can publish it to the app store... Thanks for sharing that information. I also would be glad to see a similar SDK or Add-On for building Android apps with a Visual Studio.
0 Kudos
Radu_A_
Beginner

Hello, try this

Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers

Tools for Java developers creating Java EE and Web applications, including a Java IDE, tools for Java EE, JPA, JSF, Mylyn and others.

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/junosr1

Radu

jocuri cu biliard

0 Kudos
med_anouar_hammami

for android I use ADT :

Developing in Eclipse with ADT is highly recommended and is the fastest way to get started. With the guided project setup it provides, as well as tools integration, custom XML editors, and debug output pane, ADT gives you an incredible boost in developing Android applications.

you can get it from here : http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

0 Kudos
karray_G_
Beginner

Hello,

It depends on which platform you want to deploy your app, but if you want to have a short answer:

- There is Eclipse for Android (assuming that you have installed the ADT)

- For BlackBerry, I suggest you to use blackberry momentics!

- For iOS, you should use XCode

There is also Titanium and PhoneGap for Cross-Platform developement.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>It depends on which platform you want to deploy your app, but if you want to have a short answer: >> >>- There is Eclipse for Android (assuming that you have installed the ADT) >> >>- For BlackBerry, I suggest you to use blackberry momentics! >> >>- For iOS, you should use XCode For Windows Mobile there are Visual Studios of different Versions / Editions. However, market of Windows Mobile applications is not good at all because Microsoft forces everybody to use C# and .NET instead of C/C++ and a full freedom from .NET. I predict that the situation with Windows Mobile will get worse.
0 Kudos
Yacoubi_M_
Beginner

There are a lot of platforms for mobile dev. First you must specify the technology you want to use, there are Windows Phone, Android, black Berry, Ios and cross platform.

• Now for windows phone you need to use visual studio and add the windows phone sdk. For windows phone 7 you can use visual studio 2010 or 2012 and you can run it on both windows 7 and windows 8, but for windows phone 8 you can only use visual studio 2012 and run it only in windows8.
  • For android you can use eclipse and install the android sdk. Eclipse and android sdk run on any OS Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
  • For blackberry you need to download only the sdk and run it. The sdk come with a custom eclipse version, just set up the sdk and everything will works well. There are 3 versions for the sdk, blackberry 6 and blackberry 7 using J2ME or HTML5 and blackberry 10 using c++ with qml.
  • Ios is special, you must have a mac :p and after that you can download the code.
  • Finally we have the cross platform, they use html5 and Java script to build just one application for all mobile platforms. In that case you can use phone gab or titanium.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Microsoft forces everybody to use C# and .NET instead of C/C++ and a full freedom from .NET. I predict that >>the situation with Windows Mobile will get worse... By the way, I'm going to try Rasberry PI for some small R&D project and if everything will be right it could be considered as some kind of replacement for Windows Mobile.
0 Kudos
Adrian_Stevens
Beginner

I personally use:

Xamarin.iOS for iPhone/iPad

Xamarin.Android for ... you guessed it, Android

And Visual Studio 2013 for pretty much everything else (Windows 8, Phone, Azure, etc)

@Sergey - Microsoft has really turned around and started supporting C++ again.  But once you've coded in higher level languages like C# I don't know why you'd ever want to go back to managing your own memory ;)

0 Kudos
Harsh
Beginner

For cocoa development go for xstudio...for WP8 VS is the choice. Android has several options but people prefer Eclipse. Cross platform development is now popular also.

0 Kudos
Ramith_H_
Beginner

Use intel XDK!

0 Kudos
Ydoxy__Manshu
Beginner

Xamarin, Appcelerator, PhoneGap, Sencha, Ionic is best Mobile App Development Tools. you need to contact ydoxy for mobile application development company.

0 Kudos