Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

music problem since last week !

mahdi_h_
Beginner

i compiled my game in last week with intel xdk crosswalk 14 and musics worked fine
and i want to compile it again now my musics not working! crosswalk 12 or 14  no diffrent ! why ?

i know problem is not crosswalk its intel !

see this for more info :

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=101139&p=977223#p977223

plase fix it !

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Petr_V_
Beginner

i have the same problem since yesterday !

0 Kudos
mahdi_h_
Beginner
hi i decompile and recompile my app and then musics works ! so the problem is compiling so please fix it
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is a known issue with the audio and video playback in Crosswalk builds that is the result of an updated build system. We are still trying to resolve the issue. If you switch to using the shared mode build or update your project to a CLI 5.1.1 and then build with Crosswalk 15 you will resolve the music issue. The CW15 suggestion requires that you update to the latest release of the Intel XDK: 2496.

0 Kudos
Kwun_Yu_H_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I did a little more testing with compiling through Crosswalk 15 of XDK 2496 as you advice us to use it. I'm using Construct 2 to create app games.

Solved:
- Playing music is working fine
- AdMob banner and interstitials are working fine (only with AdMob Plugin Old)

New problems:
- Transision from a game level/scene to another level/scene creates sometimes freezing (or crashes) of the app, before never (but then I was using Cordova 10, which most Construct 2 users advice it, is the most stable version. But since playing music is not working on Cordova 10, I'm force to use Cordova 15.
- Soundeffects won't work after resuming the app (in case like no users actions within 5 min, the app screen will turn to black, sleep mode). I don't remember having this issue in previous version of Cordova.

Other little things I notice:
- Im not sure is the AdMob Basic Plugin a replacement to AdMob Plugin Old? Because Basic dont show banner and interstitial, but with Old it does show.
- Do I need to have Device and Splash screen actived as plugin in Cordova 15? It's now set as standard in my XDK project, could it be a previous remembered setting from XDK?

For this reason, I'm not going to update my existing XDK app projects from Cordova 10 to Cordova 15 yet.

Thanks for advance and kind regards,

Kwun

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Kwun -- the audio/video playback issue with CW 7-14 builds has been resolved. Building with CW10 should now work (use CLI 4.1.2). You do not need the device and splashscreen plugins, but those have always been added to most blank projects, so they were likely already part of your app. Our upgrade process does not add or delete any plugins.

0 Kudos
Kwun_Yu_H_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot, I have followed your advice to switch to CW 7~14 and with CLI 4.1.2. Everthing is working normal again (I'm using CW 10 with CLI 4.1.2), except a few little things:

- Using plug-in "AdMob* Ad Services (old)" will show banners and interstitials, but there is a chance that when the interstitial is going to show, the whole screen will freeze and a few seconds later the app is exit itself.
- Using plug-in "com.rjfun.cordova.plugin.admob" as alternative, used to show banners and interstitials, but now it won't show anything.
- Using plug-in "AdMob* Ad (Basic) Services", which is new for me (since I see this in the latest XDK plugin-list), dont show anything aswell.

Do you got the anwser and solution for these problems? Could these problems caused by the latest version of XDK or is it a CW or maybe CLI version issue?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Kwun -- It's hard to say, since we don't control the code in those plugins, they are provided for your convenience. There are some new versions of those plugins that we are not showing in the featured list which might resolve some of those problems; they can be included as third-party plugins (remove the other admob plugins, first) by referencing these IDs:

I've included links to their NPM package pages so you can find more info about them. You might have to ask the plugin authors about the issues you're experiencing.

What happens if you choose to use CW14 rather than CW10?

0 Kudos
Kwun_Yu_H_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I've done some few more tests and find out it could be an problem of AdMob. In AdMob I can create banners and interstitials for my apps, somehow the newly interstitials (is actually the same as other interstitials) that I have made, will cause freezing or crashing to my app. Now I've use the existing interstitials for my new app and so far no freezing or crashing.

Building with CW from 10 to 14 and even 15 with CLI 4 or CLI 5 is al running well and with sound play. The different 3rd party plugin also work only depending on which CW version. For example cordova-plugin-ad-admob only work on CW 15 with CLI 5.

I will contact AdMob about this strange issue.

Thanks again and cheers!

0 Kudos