Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

no identity found - ios - build error on previously successful build

Steve_A_1
Novice

I'm trying to build a free version of an app I submitted for review to the apple store last night. I'm 100% certain about my certificates and provisioning profiles, although I keep getting the same error.  

Signing Identity:     "iPhone Distribution: ***** ****** (*********)"
Provisioning Profile: "***********.AdHoc15032016"
                      (de99a6ab-acab-447f-917a-acd24da4f43f)

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 60321C0A7C3D4F76B31562FE11D664BCBA8F8CD7 --entitlements .../*******iosfree/platforms/ios/build/Tap\ Traveler\ Free.build/Release-iphoneos/Tap\ Traveler\ Free.build/Tap\ Traveler\ Free.app.xcent --timestamp=none .../TapTraveleriosfree/platforms/ios/build/device/Tap\ Traveler\ Free.app
60321C0A7C3D4F76B31562FE11D664BCBA8F8CD7: no identity found
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

** BUILD FAILED **

Is anyone else experiencing this? I feel as if it's something they're end? 

Also, If I'm doing a fresh build do I need to re-download the signing request file from intel xdk again and make the new certificate with that or can I use the old one? Are they different if I get it from a different build in xdk? Tried both and still getting this no identity found error, just curious. 

-- THIS HAS HAPPENED AGAIN ON AN APP I HAVE ALREADY UPLOAD TO THE APPLE STORE.  -- 

Thanks anyone.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_A_1
Novice

Okay I have found the fix. It is the answer to my second question. 

Yes you do need to have the correct .cer for each app, so it can be signed properly. 

Never will I deal with no identity found again. Thank god.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_A_1
Novice

Okay I have found the fix. It is the answer to my second question. 

Yes you do need to have the correct .cer for each app, so it can be signed properly. 

Never will I deal with no identity found again. Thank god.

0 Kudos