Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

plugin can't be installed

Aly_E_
Beginner

i'm using a 3rd party plugin uk.co.workingedge.phonegap.plugin.launchnavigator
it used to be working fine with me but now i'm having this error Error: Plugin "" failed to install.
it works fine on a local cordova project

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
Aly_E_
Beginner

it's not helping the problem happens even if i'm using the repo from github

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

According to the notes in the github repo this plugin was just modified 16 hours ago and again 8 days ago. How old is the copy you've got in your local CLI build project? Which version of CLI are you using in the local build? On which build are you failing, Android or iOS?

If the copy of the plugin you've got in your local build system was installed quite a while ago (as in more than a week), you might want to try using that copy and referring to the plugin as a local plugin. You'll have to copy the plugin into your www directory and then refer to it as a "local plugin" using the third-party plugin settings. I'm assuming your XDK project and your CLI project are distinct...

0 Kudos
Aly_E_
Beginner

will give it a try

0 Kudos
Aly_E_
Beginner

CLI version : 5.0.0

i'm using the latest version of the plugin

not i'm testing working with local pugin

the same error happen

The build failed.
An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.
Build Log:
  • Building a Cordova 4.1.2 application.
  • The application name is "Rehabian"
  • The package name is "com.qoudra.reviewmarcom.rehabian"
  • Preference android-signed set to false. Application will not be signed.
  • Error: Plugin "" failed to install.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.network-information" (0.2.14) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.device" (0.2.13) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.geolocation" (0.3.11) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.globalization" (0.3.3) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser" (0.5.4) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.dialogs" (0.2.11) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.splashscreen" (0.3.5) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.statusbar" (0.1.9) installed.
  • Plugin "com.phonegap.plugins.facebookconnect" (0.10.1) installed.
  • Plugin "org.pushandplay.cordova.apprate" (1.1.7) installed.
  • Plugin "me.apla.cordova.app-preferences" (0.4.5) installed.
  • Plugin "com.phonegap.plugins.Puship" (1.0.4) installed.
  • Plugin "nl.x-services.plugins.socialsharing" (4.3.18) installed.
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Can you attach a copy of the intelxdk.config.android.xml file that is in the top of your project directory? I'm guessing that fact that you have not given this third-party plugin a name is the source of the problem, but I want to see what you have included. That file contains directions for the build system.

0 Kudos
Aly_E_
Beginner

Here it is

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" xmlns:intelxdk="http://xdk.intel.com/ns/v1" id="com.qoudra.reviewmarcom.rehabian" version="1.0.1" android-versionCode="1">
<!--This file is generated by the Intel XDK. Do not edit this file as your edits will be lost.           -->
<!--To change the contents of this file, see the documentation on the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file.-->
<intelxdk:version value="1.0"/>
<intelxdk:cordova-cli version="4.1.2"/>
<name>Rehabian</name>
<author>Qoudra</author>
<content src="index.html"/>
<access origin="*"/>
<access origin="tel:*" launch-external="yes"/>
<access origin="mailto:*" launch-external="yes"/>
<icon platform="android" src="res/36x36.png" density="ldpi" width="36" height="36"/>
<icon platform="android" src="res/48x48.png" density="mdpi" width="48" height="48"/>
<icon platform="android" src="res/72x72.png" density="hdpi" width="72" height="72"/>
<icon platform="android" src="res/96x96.png" density="xhdpi" width="96" height="96"/>
<splash platform="android" src="res/320x426.png" density="ldpi" width="320" height="426" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="android" src="res/320x470.png" density="mdpi" width="320" height="470" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="android" src="res/480x640.png" density="hdpi" width="480" height="640" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="android" src="res/720x960.png" density="xhdpi" width="720" height="960" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="android" src="res/426x320.png" density="ldpi" width="426" height="320" orientation="landscape"/>
<splash platform="android" src="res/470x320.png" density="mdpi" width="470" height="320" orientation="landscape"/>
<splash platform="android" src="res/640x480.png" density="hdpi" width="640" height="480" orientation="landscape"/>
<splash platform="android" src="res/960x720.png" density="xhdpi" width="960" height="720" orientation="landscape"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="Connection" intelxdk:value="org.apache.cordova.network-information" intelxdk:version="0.2.14"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="Device" intelxdk:value="org.apache.cordova.device" intelxdk:version="0.2.13"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="Geolocation" intelxdk:value="org.apache.cordova.geolocation" intelxdk:version="0.3.11"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="Globalization" intelxdk:value="org.apache.cordova.globalization" intelxdk:version="0.3.3"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="In App Browser" intelxdk:value="org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser" intelxdk:version="0.5.4"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="Dialogs (notification)" intelxdk:value="org.apache.cordova.dialogs" intelxdk:version="0.2.11"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="SplashScreen" intelxdk:value="org.apache.cordova.splashscreen" intelxdk:version="0.3.5"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="StatusBar" intelxdk:value="org.apache.cordova.statusbar" intelxdk:version="0.1.9"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="Facebook* Connect" intelxdk:value="https://github.com/Wizcorp/phonegap-facebook-plugin.git#0.10.1">
<intelxdk:param intelxdk:name="APP_ID" intelxdk:value="1639016559664350"/>
<intelxdk:param intelxdk:name="APP_NAME" intelxdk:value="Rehabian"/></intelxdk:plugin>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="apprate" intelxdk:value="org.pushandplay.cordova.apprate"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="app-preferences" intelxdk:value="me.apla.cordova.app-preferences"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="puship" intelxdk:value="com.phonegap.plugins.puship"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="socialsharing" intelxdk:value="nl.x-services.plugins.socialsharing"/>
<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="uk.co.workingedge.phonegap.plugin.LaunchNavigator" intelxdk:value="res/uk.co.workingedge.phonegap.plugin.LaunchNavigator" intelxdk:type="local"/>
<preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="10"/>
<preference name="android-targetSdkVersion" value="19"/>
<preference name="android-installLocation" value="auto"/>
<preference name="android-signed" value="false"/>
<preference name="Fullscreen" value="false"/>
<preference name="splashscreen" value="splash"/>
<!--creationInfo:{"src":"","projectTypeName":"com.intel.xdk.projecttype.jsapp"}--></widget>

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This is working for me when I reference the git repo. I added the plugin to another test app and did a build and got the following build log:

Build Log:
The App ID is "com.xmnboy.so30861675.forum"
The App Name is "ContactsPhoneNumbers"
Crosswalk Version: 14.43.343.7
Plugin "org.apache.cordova.device" (0.2.13) installed.
Plugin "org.apache.cordova.splashscreen" (0.3.5) installed.
Plugin "com.dbaq.cordova.contactsPhoneNumbers" (0.0.3) installed.
Plugin "uk.co.workingedge.phonegap.plugin.LaunchNavigator" (2.8.0) installed.
App name updated to [ContactsPhoneNumbers]
Updated "minSdkVersion" with "14"
Updated "targetSdkVersion" with "19"
Updated "installLocation" to "auto"
Updated "versionCode" to "1"
Updated "versionName" to "0.0.1"
Added "debuggable" to "true"

On the Projects tab I selected the "Third-Party Plugin" screen inside Plugins, chose the "Get Plugin from the Web" button and specified the plugin as follows:

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 2.49.49 PM.png

0 Kudos
Aly_E_
Beginner

it works

Thanks

0 Kudos