Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

problem with license file

Tanvir_A_
Beginner

Hi

I have installed Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 into my fedora operating system in November 2015. That time it was okay. But  I can not execute ifort command  now. It shows ""Error: A license for FCompL could not be obtained Your license has expired...........""  From the following link  I have seen that the license is Active up to 17 November 2016. I do not understand how to solve it. Please help me so that I can use fortran again.

https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

You should get faster response on the companion forum about licensing.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Neither of the licenses we have on record for you are due to expire until later in 2016 (one which you noted) so the error you received is unexpected.

Can you please do the following:

1. export INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=/tmp/debug_out.txt
2. export FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS=3
3. Invoke ifort with no arguments

This will generate the named file in step 1 on your system and produce output to stdout about the license file used.

Please capture the output about the license file used and attach the file from your system to private reply (to me) using Send Author A Message. We will see what details/clues those provide about the error you experienced.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos