Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

"Connect to mic0 was cancelled" message when debugging on Phi using Eclipse (Mars)

John_Michalakes

I'm following the instructions for debugging a native Phi (KNC) under Eclipse, here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/debugging-intel-xeon-phi-applications-on-linux-host

After one or two minutes, the Eclipse debugging session terminates with a pop-up message:  "Connect to mic0 was cancelled"  (see also the screen shot).  If I attempt to restart the clicking the "Debug" window again, it generates a 'Launching New_configuration' error (New_configuration is the name of the remote debugging configuration). I have to go back to Run->Debug to actually get a new session to start up on mic0, but that terminates after a couple of minutes as well.

Seen this? Found a fix? Thanks, -John

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello John,

maybe you haven't configured the sftp server for the target? I'm only able to reproduce the problem if there is no sftp service on the target - and I get an error message about that when connecting via RSE.

Could you please make available the following package for your target: openssh-sftp-server-5.9p1-r3.k1om.rpm
(actual version number depending on Intel(R) MPSS you're using)

You can do this by adding an RPM-overlay to /etc/mpss/mic0.conf:

Overlay RPM /opt/mpss/3.5.2/k1om/openssh-sftp* On

With openssh-sftp-server-5.9p1-r3.k1om.rpm being located at directory /opt/mpss/3.5.2/k1om/.

You can get the k1om packages here:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-manycore-platform-software-stack-mpss
E.g.: for Intel(R) MPSS 3.5.2, get: Software for Coprocessor OS (k1om) (mpss-3.5.2-k1om.tar)

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello John,

this is new. I was able to reproduce the problem as you described and forwarded it to our debugger engineers.

Can you confirm that the problem only exists when debugging with Eclipse, but not on the command line? I was not able to get this error (disconnect) on the command line by using gdb-mic directly.

I'll update the thread at hand once I have more information.

Thank you & best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello John,

maybe you haven't configured the sftp server for the target? I'm only able to reproduce the problem if there is no sftp service on the target - and I get an error message about that when connecting via RSE.

Could you please make available the following package for your target: openssh-sftp-server-5.9p1-r3.k1om.rpm
(actual version number depending on Intel(R) MPSS you're using)

You can do this by adding an RPM-overlay to /etc/mpss/mic0.conf:

Overlay RPM /opt/mpss/3.5.2/k1om/openssh-sftp* On

With openssh-sftp-server-5.9p1-r3.k1om.rpm being located at directory /opt/mpss/3.5.2/k1om/.

You can get the k1om packages here:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-manycore-platform-software-stack-mpss
E.g.: for Intel(R) MPSS 3.5.2, get: Software for Coprocessor OS (k1om) (mpss-3.5.2-k1om.tar)

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

0 Kudos
John_Michalakes

Hi Georg,

I downloaded the 3.5.2 MPSS rpms and added the Overlay command you indicated above, restarted MPSS, and now it works correctly without generating the "Connect to mic0 was cancelled" message.  The debug session now proceeds as expected.  Thank you very much!

-John

0 Kudos