Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

"bad certificate" Error when installing in VirtualBox Windows 7-64x

Douglas_P_
Beginner

Hi, I built a VM in Oracle VirtualBox, and XDK it is the first thing I am installing. Windows is clean.

VM is Windows 7 64x Pro

Is there anything I'm missing?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I have no idea what might be causing that. I'll ask the install engineer to take a look, they might have some insight.

0 Kudos
Javier_N_Intel
Employee

Hello, could you please send the installation log? in windows it is located in this location

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\micl_tmp_<username>\2015.10.xx_xx.xx.xx_xxxxxxxx\log

We will analyze from there. Thanks

0 Kudos
Douglas_P_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

I have no idea what might be causing that. I'll ask the install engineer to take a look, they might have some insight.

I found out I was behind a proxy, but still, it was an awkward error message.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That is a very odd error message. I'll ask engineering to see if they can detect this condition more explicitly so that a better error message can be provided. Thanks for providing the resolution to the problem.

0 Kudos
Javier_N_Intel
Employee

Douglas, I am glad it worked fine, and thanks for the feedback.

Question: what did you do to get the problem fixed? did you attempt again to reinstall the Intel XDK? Did you get an error message that time? or the Install process continues despite the error?

Thanks a lot for the information.

Javier.

0 Kudos
Douglas_P_
Beginner

Javier Navarro (Intel) wrote:

Douglas, I am glad it worked fine, and thanks for the feedback.

Question: what did you do to get the problem fixed? did you attempt again to reinstall the Intel XDK? Did you get an error message that time? or the Install process continues despite the error?

Thanks a lot for the information.

Javier.

Hi Javier,

I tried to install another software, so I got a network error, then I realized I was behind a proxy, and which I haven't configured on the VM side. Doing that, everything went fine.

I'm glad to help.

0 Kudos
Aulia_Firdaus_S_
Beginner
Hi, there. I face a same problem like this. FYI, I was doing a clean install in my PC, using Windows 7 SP1 64bit. After installing the drivers and some additional manufacturer software, I was installing this (version 3088). I don't know where the log files saved, because it different from Mr. Javier said. But, that's works fine when it installed in Windows 10 with same architecture. I can't install Windows 10 (8 too) cause hardware problem. So, i decided to installing Windows 7. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem? Thanks for your attention. Edit #01: I was installing it many times and the "bad certificate" still appears. Then, i decide to use older version, 2727, and it still occurs.
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
Aulia_Firdaus_S_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

I think you're looking for this post > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/598065 < which points to this thread that my help > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/603992#comment-1... <

I was trying it ....

Well, it's not working ... until I connecting my PC to internet. I think the main problem in here is; I must installing this software when my PC is connected with internet and activate "Certificate Propagation" services. But I still curious, when my friends installing Intel XDA in their PC without internet connection, it works well.They have same Windows version and architecture with me.

Okay, I hope if someone face same problem with me, they will do same thing as I do like above.

0 Kudos