Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

reboot hangs

Gary_C_
Beginner

Has anyone else experienced a reboot on hang with FULL yocto image?  I'm unable to properly reboot the machine.

[336703.394864] Restarting system.

[336703.398059] reboot: machine restart

Then hangs indefinitely..  Need to remove power cable to reboot.  Any ideas how to fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Gary,

this is a known issue with the current image which will be fixed with the next version currently worked on (devkit-next branch on Yocto meta-intel-iot-devkit). 

0 Kudos
Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

one more: if you plan to move to "devkit-next" you should also upgrade your firmware to 1.0.x version which you can access from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23197 - otherwise your ethernet won't work (and maybe other things as well)

0 Kudos
Gary_C_
Beginner

When do we expect the next release to be out? I'm currently running 782 firmware.  I'm unable to build from a repo and have all the necassary packages to enable networking.  I filed another post on this yesterday.  Basically git repo is not able to build what you create for the full image. Not sure why this is so.. If I download the SSTATE download and then build those bits networking is enabled.  I looked at the config.gz between the git repo version and the SSTATE version of source.  They differ quite allot..  I would think that should not be the case.  Maybe the default branch is my problem.. What branch should I use to match the SSTATE download sources?

0 Kudos
Brendan_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Gary,

I think you're a little confused. What we distribute is not git HEAD, it's git branch devkit-mwc. Please use that if you want to recreate our binaries. This is the source from which sstate & repo packages are created. *nothing* else is supported nor are any other binaries shipped by Intel.

Gary C. wrote:
I'm currently running 782 firmware.  I'm unable to build from a repo and have all the necassary packages to enable networking.  I filed another post on this yesterday.

You need 1.0.0 firmware as Matthias & Tom have pointed out to you. This is due to commit 04e9bcfd87f767b64e6ccc1724002509498da90b which moved our kernel in line with the 1.0.0 meta-clanton-bsp.

Gary C. wrote:
What branch should I use to match the SSTATE download sources?

devkit-mwc is the correct branch

0 Kudos