Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

simple App Preview question

Justin_W_1
Beginner

Hello, after pushing my HTML app to the test servers and pulling it up in app preview; the top of the app appears underneath the translucent bar at the top of my iPhone. Is this an App Preview thing, because AP itself is a hybrd app, or do I need to leave room for those bars so they do not appear hovering above my app? This will be a standalone, which I gather means there are no bars displayed over the app, or am I incorrect about that?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi,
Seems that in App Preview the handle of full screen apps, or how the app is displayed regards the device status bar is not very precise.
Basically, there are two kind of apps: full  or not full screen. You control this by your code and app configuration.

I have apps that correctly shows the status bar without overlapping when running standalone, but in App Preview are displayed as you describes.

There are also different options in the frameworks about the screen headers handling, so I suggest you to read the docs or make simple tests.

Regards,
Diego

0 Kudos
Justin_W_1
Beginner

Thanks Diego, 

I thought that may be the case; I have my app written fullscreen, and was wondering if it was something I had messed up, but I don't think so.

Edit: Just figured out setting up live layout will remove the status bar displaying everything nicely. May help someone.

Thanks again,

Justin W.

0 Kudos