Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

standalone KNL + MKL

linewstar_l_
Beginner

I've just got a KNL 7250, and I'm testing MKL perf on it.    

MKL lib has 3 versions( IA32, intel64, mic),  I know to use MKL on Xeon Phi coprocessor, we should use mic, but my question is:  

Which version of MKLshould I use on standalone KNL ?     mic or intel64?  

I guess it's intel64 because mic is for PCIe XeonPhi?  

Am i right?   thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JJK
New Contributor III

for KNL you should (always) use intel64 - and on my KNL box I see the impact of using MKL in e.g. matlab.

Even for a PCIe version you would use intel64 - the "mic" version is for KNC only.

0 Kudos
yu__frank
Beginner

Hi Iinewstar.

Where you found the MIC version of MKL ? I install Intel compiler 2007, I only found the intel64 version of MKL at the path: ./compilers_and_libraries/linux/mkl/intel64_lin

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JJK
New Contributor III

that library comes with the Intel Composer XE package; the RPM name is intel-mkl-mic-XXX where "XXX" is a number that depends on the exact compiler suite. For the XE 2015 suite it was 090; for the XE 2013 suite it was 174, oddly enough

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I guess it's intel64 because mic is for PCIe XeonPhi? In my current environment I use the following command line to compile sources that use MKL API: icpc -O3 -xMIC-AVX512 -lmemkind -qopenmp -mkl -qopt-report=0 ... I could look for more technical details some time later ( paths, etc ) if you need.
0 Kudos