Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

tboot with NUC - Missing SINIT.bin

oba_o_
Beginner

Hello,

I'm looking to install and use tboot on an NUC device (NUC5i5MYHE). that has a TPM 2.0 chip on the motherboard.

the device identifier is :

vendor_id: 0x8086

device_id: 0xb005
revision_id: 0x1

And this list here does not have the correct SINIT.bin file:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-trusted-execution-technology

How can I gat the required file?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

What OS are you running?

Support for TPM version 2.0 requires a UEFI-enabled operating system, such as Microsoft Windows 8 and later. Microsoft Windows 7 does not support TPM 2.0.

0 Kudos
oba_o_
Beginner

Hello Joseph,

I'm running ubunto 17.04 latest versio, and trying to setup the tboot in GRUB. Working using the steps here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/tboot/wiki/Home/

I require the SINIT file relevant to my TPM/Motherboard, and it is not avilable from the list in Intel site (see previous message)

Is it possible to add the relevant SINIT.bin file for my device for 

device_id: 0xb005

?

0 Kudos
David_E_6
Beginner

I am also interested in testing TXT and TPM 2.0 integration using the NUC5i5MYHE; however, after enabling TXT support the device goes into a reboot loop, never getting past the initial splash screen. I've seen this once before, when testing with a machine that had an unprovisioned TPM 1.2 device (No AUX index and unlocked NVRAM)... though I'm not sure if that is the issue in this case... nor am I sure if the required indices are the same between TPM 1.2 and 2.0 devices. Any help that you can provide would be sincerely appreciated. If you don't believe that this device has the feature support that I need for this, I would also appreciate a recommendation for an alternative test system.

0 Kudos
Manu_U_
Beginner

I'm also facing the same issue with my NUC5i5MYHE. Any updates on this issue?

0 Kudos