Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

third party program

Yann_Grostete
Beginner
In the EULA, it is written:
"12. THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS. The Materials may contain third party programs. The license terms with those third party programs apply to your use of them."

Where I can find the list of these programs or licenses included in the IPP libraries?

Thanks
Yann
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Yann,

Regarding the IPP library, there is no third-party code contained within the IPP primitives, this is all original code developed by Intel.Additionally, the low-level IPP functions, or primitives, may be distributed royalty free as part of your application (see the redist.txt file that comes with the IPP library for a list of files that you may redistribute).

Some of the IPP samples are based on existing open-source projects and, therefore, may contain third-party content. Your ability to redistribute those parts may depend on the original open-source license terms, which you should check on a per sample basis. (As of 6.1.4 there is also a redist.txt file included with the samples that specifies (i) which files are identified as Redistributables (as defined in the IPP EULA), and (ii) what additional terms and conditions, if any, apply to these Redistributables.)

Also, please review the "Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP)" section in the IPP EULA as these apply to the IPP samples.

The IPP library covers a huge array of algorithms and technologies. Within the library reference documentation and the sample documentation you will find references to the algorithms on which the functions are based. This is the best place to go to determine if any third-parties or related patents might be affected by use of the library.

Hope this helps,

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Yann,

I took your request and I'll come back to you with an answer soon.
Regards,
Hubert.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Yann,

Regarding the IPP library, there is no third-party code contained within the IPP primitives, this is all original code developed by Intel.Additionally, the low-level IPP functions, or primitives, may be distributed royalty free as part of your application (see the redist.txt file that comes with the IPP library for a list of files that you may redistribute).

Some of the IPP samples are based on existing open-source projects and, therefore, may contain third-party content. Your ability to redistribute those parts may depend on the original open-source license terms, which you should check on a per sample basis. (As of 6.1.4 there is also a redist.txt file included with the samples that specifies (i) which files are identified as Redistributables (as defined in the IPP EULA), and (ii) what additional terms and conditions, if any, apply to these Redistributables.)

Also, please review the "Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP)" section in the IPP EULA as these apply to the IPP samples.

The IPP library covers a huge array of algorithms and technologies. Within the library reference documentation and the sample documentation you will find references to the algorithms on which the functions are based. This is the best place to go to determine if any third-parties or related patents might be affected by use of the library.

Hope this helps,

Paul

0 Kudos
Yann_Grostete
Beginner
Thanks for these useful information
Yann
0 Kudos