Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

tracking clang updates

Preston_B_
Beginner

I recently downloaded, from the git repo, and built the Cilk Plus/LLVM stuff.

Playing with the generated Clang using -v, it claims to be 3.9. Surprising since 3.9 isn't really available yet, and notes about Cilk Plus/LLVM suggest it's made from a branch in February 2016. The git repo doesn't show any updates since February either.

What's going on?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hansang_B_Intel
Employee

I don't see any problems in the description at https://cilkplus.github.io.

There were some updates that merge clang/llvm "trunk" (or master) in February, and llvm log tells that "release_38" branch was created in January, meaning that "trunk" in February must be something newer than "release_38".

0 Kudos
Preston_B_
Beginner

Back in February, the most recent version of LLVM was 3.7.1 Today, the most recent version is 3.8.1 But when I download and build the version hosted at cilkplus.github.io, it claims to be version 3.9 I guess it's not a problem per se, but it does make it hard to know what I've got and hard to plan. Preston

0 Kudos
Hansang_B_Intel
Employee

Yes, it claims to be 3.9 which was not released at that time, but the version number for the trunk was actually 3.9. The log of cilkplus/llvm describes exactly that it merged trunk not any released version (e.g., release_38).

I just checked out the same llvm version (trunk) that was merged into cilkplus/llvm on 02/03/2016 (as described in the log), and CMakeLists.txt tells that it was 3.9:

if(NOT DEFINED LLVM_VERSION_MAJOR)
  set(LLVM_VERSION_MAJOR 3)
endif()
if(NOT DEFINED LLVM_VERSION_MINOR)
  set(LLVM_VERSION_MINOR 9)
endif()

0 Kudos