Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

tried everything and camera will not work..... connects and disconnects

Joseph_L_1
Beginner

For nearly a week I have tried everything from uninstalling, rebooting and doing a fresh install with the camera connected... I have searched the forums and still have not located help on why the camera will work with something like face detection but not work on a working app like warrior wave... (  camera briefly lights up during startup then quickly turns off....) all signs point to it being installed even the three drivers in the device manager.... I'm using a 3.0 usb connection, my computer only has 3.0... but it still gives me the same start and stop situation....  Ive yet to locate another computer to test if the camera is faulty, but I suspect its not...

My laptop specs are as follows...

Computer Manufacturer Notebook
Computer Model P770ZM
Operating System (O/S) Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit
Operating System Build (O/S) 10240
Operating System (version) 10.0.10240
System RAM 34 GB
CD or DVD Device  
System Hard Drive Overview
System Total Storage Size: 1.8 TB
Local Disk D:\ 931.4 GB
Used space: 3.4 GB
Free Space: 928.0 GB
Local Disk C:\ 952.9 GB
Used space: 253.1 GB
Free Space: 699.8 GB
Collapse/Expand GRAPHICS INFORMATION
Graphics Product [1] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
Video Memory 4.0 GB
Collapse/Expand MOTHERBOARD INFORMATION
Manufacturer not detected
Model P770ZM
AA Number not detected
BIOS Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS Version American Megatrends Inc. 1.03.06aRNS1
BIOS Release Date  
System Memory 34 GB
Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio
Collapse/Expand PROCESSOR INFORMATION
Manufacturer Intel
Model Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Intel Processor analysis tools Intel Processor analysis tools
CPU Speed 4.0 GHz
Link to Processor Specification Link to Processor Specification

can anyone please help me get out of this hell hole of this camera not working as I bought it specifically to use with a program that needed a 3d depth camera for animation....

Is anyone else experiencing this and have somehow found a solution?   is it the extensible host controller for the usb port...   I thought upgrading to windows 10, it wouldn't be the same situation as it was with 8.1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

You haven't any chance. The problem is INTEL. Without correct drivers you could not start the camera device.

I have tried by three mainboards, always by using virgin OS 8.1 and 10, included all Updates and new drivers. There has never been any  success. When you have perhaps a lot of luck, it can be that the three cameras were installed, but when you try to install SDK, they want not working und they are dissapearing suddenly. You mean that you can reinstall the camera,first you have to remove all drivers, then installation stop with failure -4.

Whats about the great announcements by Intel? You have payed for your camera device not working and then you have to wait ...playing with your fingers.

The problem isn't the connector of your computer, the problem is the Intel camera device with drivers not working with USB 3.0. Good luck! When it's required a USB 3.0 connector, Intel have to place available a device who's work together with required system.

0 Kudos
Ken_N_1
Beginner

I have this exact problem. It worked for a few days, and now the camera lights up and then goes out. When I open the windows 10 camera app, It works fine, but when I use the SDK to try to see the infared or 3d, it fails.

0 Kudos
Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

not sure whether it's related, but have you tried restarting the RealSense DCM service?

0 Kudos