Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

update xcode 6.3

MATRIX_R_
Beginner

Hi,

since some of our plugins are using new api i requesting and ask about and update of intel xdk with xcode 6.3

related posts : https://github.com/nicklockwood/FXKeychain/issues/30

problem when build the ipa with the plugin / framework

Guide/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-appodeal/Appodeal.framework/Headers/AppodealNativeAdView.h:26:29: error: unknown property attribute 'nullable'

thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

Currently, we are evaluating versions of xCode 6.3 and higher. In the short term, this will be addressed. At this time, we do not have a date to announce. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

We are working on upgrading to the latest xcode, but I can not provide a date on when that will happen. Its a pretty big change/update and I am sure there will be hiccups along the way like there always are when up update xcode.

0 Kudos
MATRIX_R_
Beginner

Hi,

yes before i was using 2 plugins ... now i delete all plugins and i'm using only one

still get build fail ... please check the new log

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Agar Guide/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-appodeal/AppodealPlugin.h:7:9: fatal error: 'AppodealAds/Appodeal.h' file not found

#import <AppodealAds/Appodeal.h>

^

1 error generated.

Looks like its missing a file.

0 Kudos
MATRIX_R_
Beginner

strange .... because file is there

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Looking more closely at the plugin in the repo, it looks like this may be caused by a symbolic link issue. I recall this being a problem on Windows installations that was fixed. Anyway, the key point to note is that the error message that John found:

In file included from .../AgarGuide/platforms/ios/Agar Guide/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-appodeal/AppodealPlugin.m:5:
Agar Guide/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-appodeal/AppodealPlugin.h:7:9: fatal error: 'AppodealAds/Appodeal.h' file not found
#import <AppodealAds/Appodeal.h>
        ^
1 error generated.

expects the Appodeal.h file to be inside a directory named "AppodealAds" -- which is not the case in the plugin image you show, and gets resolved via a symbolic link.

I tried building a dummy iOS app with the Appodeal plugin, two different ways:

• one via the XDK
  • one with Cordova CLI 5.1.1 installed on a Mac

I added the Appodeal plugin via the git repo address, to insure that the ZIP file retrieved from the NPM repo was not causing any symbolic link issues (although, I did not do this on my Windows machine, which might change the results). This also installed a version 1.0.57, the NPM repo version is 1.0.56. There is an additional library added to the 1.0.57 version of this plugin.

The local build on the Mac worked (it built). But my Mac has Xcode 7 installed, not Xcode 6, as is the case with our build system. The error I got from the XDK build was not the error message above, but this:

he following build commands failed:
    Ld build/test-blank-new.build/Release-iphoneos/test-blank-new.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/test-blank-new normal armv7s
(1 failure)
Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../test_blank_new/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,test-blank-new.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,-target,test-blank-new,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../test_blank_new/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../test_blank_new/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch
Command finished with error code 2: .../test_blank_new/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: .../test_blank_new/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2
You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
Error: .../test_blank_new/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/5.1.1/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:134:23)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:753:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:820:5)

Which implies that we need Xcode 7 on the build system to resolve this...

To try and reproduce this, remove the plugin using the plugin manager and add it using the git repo address, as shown below:

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 4.38.59 PM.png

0 Kudos
MATRIX_R_
Beginner

so at this moment to achieve build success ... must use cordova 5.1.1 on mac (local)

or wait intel xdk to be updated to xcode 7 ? right ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That's my guess. I'm not able to easily confirm that the error message precisely means Xcode 7 needs to be installed, but that is my guess. If you have access to a Mac and are able to install CLI, you don't need to use 5.1.1, you can install 5.4.0.

We are working on adding Xcode to the build system, but we are not able to give you an ETA regarding its arrival. It is being actively worked on.

0 Kudos
MATRIX_R_
Beginner

thank you Paul

i trust in intel xdk team so i will wait

0 Kudos