Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

wifi interference with USB3.0 of Realsense R200

Ning_R_
Beginner

Fine! the famous interference of the USB3.0 to wifi at 2.4GHz, was occued to my job.  When I tried to share the screen with my Lenovo k2450 with EPSON Moverio BT-200, a augmented reality glasses, using MirrorOP app.   Before R200 capturing the stream, everthing was fine. But when the depth stream was transfered, the screen sharing shut off!    I'm not sure how to fix this.  it seemed that no way to directly linked by cable, cause there is only a micro USB left in the glass.   Cover the USB3.0 cable by Al paper?  Using 5GHz direct wifi link?  Anyone had this experience?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II
I had a similar issue with a wireless keyboard receptor. I solved the problem by using a USB extender or hub. Maybe it will help you as well.
0 Kudos
Ning_R_
Beginner

Thanks Amr, however looks like it's a little bit hard to fix the active filter into the board, do you have any vendor resource? which can supply easy handling filter.

Hi Samotab, I'm waiting my extended cable and new hub, hope it will work! 

0 Kudos
Ning_R_
Beginner

Hi Samontab, the extended cable looks really worked!!

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Good to hear that it worked.

0 Kudos
Ning_R_
Beginner

It' really hard find a small/mobile platform for Realsense R200, both Intel Atom and USB3.0!!!   The Asus Vivostick are not available to be purchased.     Actually, if ZenFone2 had a USB3.0, it will be great!!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

On a somewhat related note, there was a news piece on my local TV yesterday that said that wi-fi signals can be negatively affected if you have Christmas tree lights in the room!

0 Kudos
Ning_R_
Beginner

What!!!!  I'm sure that the visible light will not affect the wifi signal, in different frequency.  ^_^  The tree-light electrical cable might be, or the Santa. LOL!!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Yes, it's the electrical interference, apparently. The article on the BBC News said "Interference could come from electronic devices such as baby monitors, microwaves or Christmas fairy lights".  The advice came from the UK government's communications watchdog Ofcom.

A BBC news reporter commenting on the story also said that fish tanks can affect the wi-fi signal because of it having trouble penetrating the water.  That opinion is also given on this website:

https://help.belong.com.au/customer/portal/articles/1306971-why-is-my-internet-going-slow-when-i-am-connecting-to-my-modem-via-wi-fi-what-can-i-do-?b_id=3727

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

The odroid xu4 and the MinnowBoard Max are very small and have USB3

0 Kudos
Ning_R_
Beginner

The ordroid is ARM based, so it seemed that the only choice is MinnowBoard Max, based on Atom, right?  I'm waiting ShenZheng making new computer stick which have USB3.0!!!

0 Kudos
Ning_R_
Beginner

I saw quanta had lonched a new computer stick on it's page, but can not purchased on line or his distributor,  looks the smallest system I could find in now.  

http://www.quantatw.com/Quanta/schinese/product/qci_industrialcomputer.aspx

0 Kudos
Daniel_J_1
Beginner

For small intel systems with USB 3.0 it's pretty much just the minnowboard, and the NUC at the moment. The Edison has a PCIx channel so I looked into the possibility of making a custom board with a PCIx to USB3.0 controller on it, but that would be a significant amount of design work and the edison is underpowered for computer vision. Considering the size of the R200 a compute stick with a built in R200 would be possible. 

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

The NUC or the Minnowboard should be the best candidates for a small, probably not very mobile deployment.

If you are thinking about mobile applications, then project tango is the answer.

0 Kudos
Ning_R_
Beginner

I had purchased a miniPC, cherry trail based and USB3.0, about 14cm diameter, from a Chinese manufactor called Meegopad T04. 

http://www.meegopad.cn/?product-92.html

They said,, they're going to lauch a computer stick using Cherry trail and USB3.0, maybe Feb. 2016.  

0 Kudos