Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

x100 insufficient(or wrong) privileges

Valjean__Jean
Beginner

I've got a system from ebay, maybe it is powerful machine maybe not, I have no idea since I give myself 2-3 stars out of 10 as sysadmin and 4-5 stars from 10, as a programmer

I tried to run a "hello world" - first as native (everything was OK) - and second host with offload (not OK)

In attachment are 2 files with results from different checks/commands as root and user.

My problems are

1 - why I cannot run checks as user? (but as root the checks looks good) is something missing in admin of the phi cards?

2 - how I can solve the problem with compiler-offload (running native works fine) but offload not admin neither user.

I found somebody here on forum with similar problem saying about LD_LIBRARY_PATH or NFS the libraries, but I have tried both and without success. You can see it in attachment maybe I didn't implement them well.

Any hit will be appreciate and excuse me for stupid questions (I am confused with so many versions, pdf-s all called 90% the same...)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JJK
New Contributor III

In order to run 'miccheck' as a user that user needs to be able to do 'ssh root@mic0'  without having to type a password. This can be achieved by adding the proper SSH public key to the file /var/mpss/mic0/root/.ssh/authorized_keys

As for the offloading not working: can you try adding a config file /etc/mpss/conf.d/intellibs.conf containing

Overlay File /opt/intel/composerxe/lib/mic/libimf.so         /usr/lib64/libimf.so on
  Overlay File /opt/intel/composerxe/lib/mic/libintlc.so.5     /usr/lib64/libintlc.so.5 on
  Overlay File /opt/intel/composerxe/lib/mic/libiomp5.so       /usr/lib64/libiomp5.so on
  Overlay File /opt/intel/composerxe/lib/mic/libirng.so        /usr/lib64/libirng.so on
  Overlay File /opt/intel/composerxe/lib/mic/libsvml.so        /usr/lib64/libsvml.so on

and then rerun?  also, prior to running offloading examples, ensure that the proper env vars are loaded, e.g. by running

. /opt/intel/composerxe/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

HTH, JJK

0 Kudos
Valjean__Jean
Beginner

Hi JJK,

the problems are solved, thank you!

0 Kudos