Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

x86 apk zero supported devices

Henk_M_
Beginner

Hi there,

the x86 version of my app shows zero supported devices in Google Play Developer console.
Can anybody tell me why this is zero and how I can change that so all Android smartphones are supported?
I've looked throught all the builld settings but can't find anything that could cause this problem.

The arm version is supporting 9 devices. That seems ok.

Regards,

Henk

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Henrik -- only nine ARM devices is a very small number, so I suspect there is something about your app that is very restrictive regarding the platform requirements. The number and variety of x86 mobile devices is much less than ARM devices, so if your app is that restrictive it is likely that none of the x86 devices out there satisfy the necessary requirements.

0 Kudos
Henk_M_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I have been through all Intel XDK build settings but the only thing that probably could cause this problem are the settings for 'Minimum Android API' en 'Target Android API'. Could this cause app being that restrictive? If yes what values should I pref. use?

Regards,

Henk

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Figuring out what restricts your Android devices is not easy. The instructions from Google are not that clear. It can depend on whether or not your app requires access to a mobile network, wifi, specific screen size, geo, etc. If you build the "hello cordova" app you'll find that it has very few restrictions and should show up for most devices (might require geo). The likelihood is that one of the plugins included with your app is putting undue restrictions on the selection of devices that can be supported by your app -- or that you've added some permissions, manually, and one of those permissions is causing it. In general, you do not need to add permissions manually, the plugins will usually take care of this for you.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

p.s. The minimum API to use is a function of the plugin requirements (for example, the Facebook plugin requires API level 15) and the minimum level of Android you want to support. In general, we configure default projects to support API level 14, which corresponds to Android 4.0. Some people like to only support Android 4.4 and above (API level 19). If you want to restrict yourself to only Android 6.0 devices, you'd have to pick the min API to match that version of Android, which would result in a very limited set of devices.

0 Kudos