Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Increase RAID 1 volume size with Intel RST on system drive

jswroclaw
Beginner

Hello,

after replacing 2 disks with larger ones on the Supermicro X11SSL-F motherboard, the volume has been rebuilt, but from the bios level it isn't possible to expand the space on RAID I.

The volume is working on Intel RSTe 4.7.0.1017 and Windows HyperV Core is instated on this volume.

Is there a tool that can be used to expand the space without reinstating the system?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, jswroclaw.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your case regarding your RAID 1 configuration using Intel RSTe, and I will be reviewing this with you.

With this being an Intel RSTe implementation on a Supermicro board, the best option would be to check this scenario with the system manufacturer for other options since recreating the RAID 1 with the new disks seems necessary to use the full capacity, and there are no other recommendations we can provide, and of course, this would also mean you must reinstall the system.

If you have any other questions or comments, please let me know, otherwise I will close the thread on March 10th.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, jswroclaw.

Good day,

This message is to let you know that we are closing this community thread as mentioned in my previous post.

I previously shared that it is recommended to review this scenario with the system manufacturer as this is their own RSTe implementation to check if they have other options, because recreating the RAID 1 using the new disks seems necessary, but this would require you to reinstall the operating system (what you are trying to avoid).

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored for support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please contact us back by opening a new thread or using any of the available contact methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos