Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
318 Discussions

Page faults IAStorIcon and IAStorDataSVC

AE79X
Beginner

Hi,

We have two new servers which have a memory leak with in the RST software:

An ASUS P10S-V/4L, two SATA HDDs in RAID1, Intel RSTe 5.5.0.2012.

An ASUS P11C-E/4L, two SATA HDDs in RAID1, Intel VROC 6.3.0.1031.

Both systems use Windows 10 IoT LTSC.

Whereas the first one has an issue with IAStorDataSVC and the second with IAStorIcon, the problem seems to be the same: increasing CPU and memory usage over time. Memory inspection shows that the programs cause billions of page faults.

We went through a couple of other threads, but disabling is not an option for us.

A similar setup with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise and RST 4.6.x.x. never had an issue. 

We use the OEM recommended drivers, so what else can we do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, AE79X.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding your two boards with Intel VROC/RSTe, and I will review this with you.

I noticed that you are already running the latest driver version for each platform, and it is recommended to bring this type of scenarios to the platform manufacturer, in this case ASUS, for further assistance.

This is because platform manufactures do a lot of work to get Intel® VROC and RSTe operational on their platforms, and each platform implementation may be slightly different with different dependencies unknown to Intel.

They may be able to confirm where in the platform the issue is occurring, and they may work directly with Intel for any problems found within their implementation/driver.

If you have other questions, comments or concerns, please let me know, otherwise I will proceed to close the case on March 16th.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AE79X
Beginner

We will contact the OEM, but seeing multiple threads on this topic, I do not have high hopes.

Page faults do not seem to me as being something multiple OEM suppliers do wrong. I have seen threads from Dell, HP, and now ASUS and all made the same mistake in their version of the program? To me this looks like a generic issue, but I don't have the source code.

I would like to keep this open until it is completely solved. By Intel or by the OEM.

Best regards,

AE79X

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, AE79X.

Good day,

This is something that must be reviewed by the manufacturer of the platform where the issue is occurring to evaluate if this expected behavior, and confirm if there is a problem with the driver or their implementation.

I can keep the thread open, but it will not be monitored by Intel support as there are no drivers or further assistance we can provide for your specific ASUS platform.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back by opening a new thread or using any of the available contact methods:

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos