Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

VROC and Samsung 983 DCT

CStew5
Beginner

Is the Samsung 983 DCT 1.92TB M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive supported for Standard VROC?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello warfare360,

Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC). If we infer correctly, please, review the information below:

NVMe* SSD support list

This section covers the SSDs that are supported on the product Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU. This section includes the Intel® SSD and third-party SSDs from other vendors.

Intel® SSDsThird Party Vendor SSDsAll Intel® SSDs for Data Center with NVMe* (including but not limited to):

Intel® SSD DC P3100 Series

Intel® SSD DC P3500 Series

Intel® SSD DC P3520 Series

Intel® SSD DC P3600 Series

Intel® SSD DC P3608 Series

Intel® SSD DC P3700 Series

Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series

Intel® SSD DC P4501 Series

Intel® SSD DC P4510 Series

Intel® SSD DC P4511 Series

Intel® SSD DC P4600 Series

Intel® SSD DC P4610 Series

Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4800X Series

All Intel® Professional NVMe SSDs:

Intel® SSD Pro 7600p Series

Intel® SSD Pro 6000p Series

Other select Intel® SSD Series:

Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series

Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P SeriesSamsung:

SM951*

SM961*

PM953*

PM961*

PM963*

Toshiba:

XG3*

XG5*

PX04PMB*

Micron:

9100*

Lenovo:

Atsani*

Huawei:

ES3600P V3*
  • The Samsung 983 DCT 1.92TB M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive is not listed on the third party hardware compatible list, this does not mean that it does not work it just means that we have not tested or validated this hardware to work with VROC and we cannot assure you the hardware behavior. We advise you to contact your HDD OEM in order to get further information about validation from their side.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello warfare360,

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CStew5
Beginner

When I spoke to Samsung they said Intel does the compatibility testing. Therefore I am in a circle of finger pointing between Samsung and Intel. I am not willing to buy 2 of these SSDs to do my own testing since if they don't work I would be out the ~$1k. When is Intel expected to publish the next version of the compatibility list? Is Intel even working on an update to the list?

This would not be such an issue but the 7600P Intel SSDs are out of stock everywhere at the 2TB size!!!

It doesn't make sense to not have any availability of the Intel 7600P SSD and not update the list of 3rd party SSD unless Intel is trying to kill VROC!!??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello warfare360,

Thank you for your reply and your feedback, we will pass this information to the team in charge of the validation process.

To answer your question:

• When is Intel expected to publish the next version of the compatibility list? Is Intel even working on an update to the list?

The last update and review of this list were on 27-Sep-2018, we cannot share any information regarding unreleased updates of any kind of product.

I did a quick research online and I was able to confirm that some of our https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers have the Intel® SSD Pro 7600p Series (2.048TB) available on their website.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos