Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

Vroc standard key support with XPG SX8200 Pro

MBier4
Beginner

Good morning

I would like to ask about XPG SX8200 pro NVMe drives with vroc standard key

I want create raid 0 bootable with drives mentioned above inserted in Asus Hyper card on motherboard ASU’s rampage extreme VI with cpu i9 9900x my question is if that will be possible and vroc standard key will support this XPG SX8200 pro NVMe drives

I asking before I will buy this key and won’t work

Rrgards

M Biernacki

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello MBier4,

Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support.       

To answer your questions:

The " XPG SX8200 Pro-NVMe” drives are not listed in the supported hardware list (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030310/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html) for Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) and we advise you to check with your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Asus* to check for compatibility with their system.

Please, take into consideration that your motherboard comes with the Intel® X299 chipset and it supports Intel® SSDs only, as explained in the “Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) Support on X299” article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026106/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html).

I hope you find this information helpful.

Have a nice day.

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello MBier4,

We have not heard from you since your first post 4 days ago, please, let us know if you need further assistance related to Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC). We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

A Contingent Worker at Intel®.

0 Kudos
MBier4
Beginner

Hi again

I Have all answers for original question from this post but i have one more regarding VROC compatibility list do you know if in near future that compatibility list for third party drives will be expanded (added more drives like mentioned above Adata XPG SX8200pro ) at least to create Raid 0 on them for data or no chance because :) Adata isnt strong enough to be on that list

Regards

M Biernacki

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello MBier4,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear that you found the information we shared with you helpful.

We do apologize, but we can not comment on unreleased products or documentation.

We advise you to keep an eye on the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) Supported Configurations article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030310/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html) for future updates in the documentation.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Please, let us know if you need further assistance or if we can close this thread.

Best regards.

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello MBier4,

We have not heard from you since your first post 5 days ago, please, let us know if you need further assistance related to Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC). We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

A Contingent Worker at Intel®.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello MBier4,

We were reviewing your community post, which is related to the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC), and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos