Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

iRSTe - Hardware ID and System crash

DOros
Beginner

Dear Technical Support, Communities!

I am turning to you with the following problem.

I have a Gigabyte Intel X299 Ultra Durable motherboard that has 8 SATA 6Gb/s connectors, all 8 connectors are in use, but Windows 10 Pro only detects 6.

Here are the connected devices:

HDD - 4x WD 4TB SATA-III Red for NAS - RAID5 (SATA 0-3 connectors)

Pioneer BD-RW BDR-211M (SATA 4 connector)

HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS40 (SATA 5 connector)

Asus DRW-24 (SATA 6 connector)

Mobil Rack Sharkoon QuickPort Intern Multi (SATA 7 connector)

BIOS detects all of them correctly.

In case there is no Intel Rapid Store Technology program installed, I have a standard Computer Harware ID (eg YFFA-0LQDNQKILB),

As soon as I install the IRST program, the 8 SATA conected devices are detected and working properly, BUT the Hardware ID is immediately switched to 0000-0000-0000-0000 and my programs that have the license key attached to the Hardware ID are not working.

Moreover after 20 to 30 minutes, Windows crashes with a blue screen of death showing DCP Watchdog Violation, Whea uncorrectable error, System thread expection not handled and similar errors.

I tried to switch to AHCI mode but then the RAID controller goes out of order so my RAID drives are not working.

I have also tried to switch the periperials` connectors without success.

Would you be so kind and suggest a solution where the hardware ID is not changed to all zeroes and at the same time all peripherals are detected and work perfectly?

System config:

CPU - Intel Core i9-7900X

Motherboard - Gigabyte Intel X299 Ultra Durable (UD4)

Memory - Kingstone HyperX Predator DDR4 64GB

VGA - GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB DDR5X

SSD - M.2 Adata 256GB SX7000 NVMe

Power Supply - EVGA Supernova 1000W G3

Looking forward to your answer.

Kind regards,

David Orosz
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi DavidOrosz,

I work for Intel Customer Support and I was checking on "pending" forums and found this one. I checked internally and I see that your question was addressed by email and that you were able to find a solution for this issue.

I am setting this up as "assumed answered" based on that but if you still have issues please feel free to add a post requesting assistance.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos