Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

Driver update

Vinnie
Beginner

The system has informed me of the following update, which I have decided not to download and install due to the description provided;

Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

Installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM).

OEM drivers are handpicked, customized, and validated to resolve platform-specific issues, enable features and enhancements, and improve system stability. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and we recommend using drivers from Dell. Report any issues found with this driver to Intel.

How do I tell the system I am not interested in the update so it doesn't show up every couple of days in the 'Notifications' box?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Once you PROPERLY transistion from your manufacturer's graphics to DCH, your manufacturer's customizations are maintained.

How to tell the system you are not interested?  You can hide the update for 30 days, or you can uninstall IDSA.  Actually, you should be using Dell's driver support anyway,

0 Kudos
Vinnie
Beginner

Thanks.

I also use the Dell Support Assistant to update drivers.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Use one or the other.  Personally, I would uninstall IDSA and use the dell assistant, especially since you are worried about the Intel driver and do not like the notifications.

0 Kudos
Vinnie
Beginner

Thank you sir.  I appreciate your assistance!

0 Kudos
ang133
Beginner

I can't install these updates:

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Identify your products and get driver and software updates for most of your Intel hardware. View a list of exclusions.

2 software updates available

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

Acer Aspire TC-780

BIOS
Version
R02-B0
Date
12/6/2017
MOTHERBOARD
Manufacturer
Acer