Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

Problem Undefined Reference after running Program with IntelPCM

Khairil__Dwi
Beginner

Hi All,

I have a problem after running my program. i found error after compiling 

g++ -std=c++11 -Wall -fopenmp main.cpp -o main -D WITH_COUNTER -I C:\IntelPCM\pcm-master\x64\Release -L C:\IntelPCM\pcm-master -L C:\IntelPCM\pcmlib.so

The error listed below :

C:\Users\KhairiL\AppData\Local\Temp\ccOTct74.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x97b): undefined reference to `PCM::getInstance()'
C:\Users\KhairiL\AppData\Local\Temp\ccOTct74.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x991): undefined reference to `PCM::resetPMU()'
C:\Users\KhairiL\AppData\Local\Temp\ccOTct74.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xa32): undefined reference to `PCM::program(PCM::ProgramMode, void const*)'
C:\Users\KhairiL\AppData\Local\Temp\ccOTct74.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xa8d): undefined reference to `PCM::resetPMU()'
C:\Users\KhairiL\AppData\Local\Temp\ccOTct74.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xafa): undefined reference to `PCM::getUArchCodename(int) const'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I use Intel PCM running on Windows with gcc compiler.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roman_D_Intel
Employee

Hm... "Windows with gcc compiler": this combination has never been tested (not sure we can support it, you will definitely will run into other issues because in PCM source code Windows platform is identified by Microsoft Visual C++ compiler defines).

Roman

0 Kudos
Khairil__Dwi
Beginner

Hi Roman,

Hm.., but can you explaine to me, how to solve this undefined reference problem?

Khairil

0 Kudos