Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

feasibility of an application on atom processor

SBham1
Beginner

hi,

My project is fog removal from video.Right now I'm using Intel atom processor.But I want to know whether it is feasible to get 30 frames per sec on atom processor or is it necessary to go for dual core or i3 or i5 processors .Could you please tell me how machine cycles vary among these processors.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee

It is not so easy to answer this question as there are many Atom and Core processors. Also, a lot depends on what your code is doing. I therefore recommend that you look at the benchmark results for the processors under considerations. If your code is floating-point intensive, SPECfp might be a good indicator.

0 Kudos
Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

also you might be able to utilize graphics hw which may variy significantly dependend on the SoC you use

0 Kudos
SBham1
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.Is there any simulation platform where i can check the performance on various Atom and core processors?

0 Kudos