Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

6235 wifi/bluetooth Windows 8 Pro, restart issues

idata
Employee

I have an asus n56 vz with the intel 6235 with windows 8 pro installed. If I restart my computer every time my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are unable to reconnect. If the computer is shutdown and left alone for a period there is no issue upon boot up. However, if the computer is restarted the devices will not reconnect to the computer and must be uninstalled and repaired. I know a family member that has a different computer but the same card that has the same issue with their Bluetooth mouse. I have installed the most recent drivers as of 4/13/13. I would like Intel to look into this issue and fix in a future driver update. I waste a significant amount of time reinstalling these device if I need to restart my computer.

If anyone else is running win 8 with this card and has a solution to this problem I am open to suggestions.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello zeratul56,

If you already tried reinstalling the Intel® wireless drivers or updating it, the issue could be related to the Microsoft Bluetooth stack probably corrupted. You may contact Microsoft for further assistance on the Bluetooth stack.

idata
Employee

Your answer made me think it could be something with windows 8. I reinstalled the whole operating system and it seems to have solved my problem. I do not have to repair any devices after I restart. Thank you for your insight