Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

7260 driver version 17.13.11 doesn't work

RKras
Novice

Hi there,

I have Dell Latitude E7440 notebook with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 7260 devices. The operating system is Windows 7 64-bit. Previously installed drivers of those WiFi and Bluetooth worked properly. I have the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.0 and today it offered new drivers. One for WiFi and the second for Bluetooth.

First of all there is a bugs in the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.0. It shows a wrong installed version of the bluetooth driver. Instead of showing bluetooth driver version it shows the WiFi driver version. It probably confuses because both the wifi and the bluetooth are based on the same 7260 controller.

But the main problem is that the 17.13.11 version of the 7260 WiFi driver doesn't work. I just can't connect to the AP of my work with that version. The workaround is downgrade to 17.1.0.19 version.

Please fix the WiFi driver and the Driver Update Utility.

P.S. Driver Update Utility screenshot with wrong bluetooth driver version is attached. The latest 17.1.1409.01 bluetooth driver is already installed but as you can see the Driver Update Utility shows 17.1.0.19

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Rostislav,

Did your Dell Latitude E7440 come with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* already installed or you installed it later? Where did you get the latest drivers from? If your Dell* Latitude E7440 already comes with the wireless adapter installed, then you need to get the drivers from Dell support page. *Please do the update from their page obeying your system configurations and version.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5547-laptop/drivers http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5547-laptop/drivers

*If you have installed the drivers from our web page, please know that these drivers are found there are generic and may not be supported by your system as your computer manufacturer added modifications that entitle them to provide the correct drivers. Clean uninstall the drivers if installed from our web site previously from device manager and install them back from Dell* support page.

Let us know if this helped you resolve the issue

0 Kudos
RKras
Novice

Yes it did. But the 7260 wireless driver provided by Dell is older than the latest driver in the Intel's site. It worked not reliable with AP at my work and it even made AP at my home to stuck. That AP even stopped replying to pings through the wired Ethernet. At home I have EDIMAX BR-6424N V2 with latest firmware. The solution was installing the latest 7260 wireless driver from Intel by the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.0. I did it in December 2014 and that version worked properly. Until I installed the newer version offered by the Driver Update Utility a few days ago.

Now I downgraded the driver to the 17.1.0.19 version and it works.

0 Kudos
RKras
Novice

I just tried the a newer driver released a few days ago. I installed the Wireless_17.14.0_Ds64.exe executable downloaded from Intel. It doesn't work (doesn't connect). Actually this executable has installed driver version 17.13.11.5. Then I downgraded to 17.1.0.19 again.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Rostislav,

As far as we understand, the version you currently have is working properly, If you need any assistance let us know.

0 Kudos
RKras
Novice

Yes, the 17.1.0.19 version works. But prefer to use the latest driver and the latest driver version is 14.13.11.5 doesn't work. There is a regression and it should be fixed.

0 Kudos
MPell5
Novice

Went through countless attempts to fix these issues with Intel. Nothing worked.

Do yourself a favor and buy a Killer Wireless 1202-N.

You'll never have another issue with wireless again.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

hello Rotislav,

Have you contacted Dell to check with them when they will release an update? Please bear in mind that our drivers are generic and may not fit Dell's specification and adjustments done in order to work flawless with the system as they do modify the card in order to fit their system with no issues.

0 Kudos
JBene1
Beginner

I have laptop Lenovo E540 since January 2015. Win 7 Professional. Issues disconecting and slow wifi connection. Update thru https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Update-Utility Intel Driver Update Utility and installing Update https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/72252/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software dated 4/15/2015 17.1.1501.01 Drive - IT WORKED OUT!!!!!!!!.

0 Kudos