Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

8260 The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

idata
Employee

I have a relatively new lenovo yoga 900 with Intel AC 8260 wireless board.

I am getting the following error 25 to 100 times showing up in event log. And then the laptop to hangs and has to be force-ably restarted.

This seems to happen at random but happened today two times in a row when i was using skype on a group video call. I have gone to device manager and updated the device driver.

Driver Date: 10/22/2015

Driver Version: 18.12.2.3

Any help would be appreciated.

The description for Event ID 5002 from source Netwtw02 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP14

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

BradyGuy,

Which OS is currently installed in this computer?

Is this adapter the one installed by factory or was it installed later?

In order narrow this situation down, could you please consult with Microsoft* if there is any inconvenience with Skype* when doing group calls.

Another recommendation is to consult with the computer manufacturer, if this wireless adapter is the one installed by factory, and obtain the latest drivers. Through this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites you can find your computer manufacturer contact information.

As a second option, you may want to try our latest generic driver package which the version is: 19.0.1. Please let us know what OS and architecture (32 or 64 bit) you have so we can send you the right link for downloading it. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Windows 10 10.0.10586 build 10586

The adapter driver was installed by manufacturer Lenovo.

I downloaded the latest version from intel and now have driver version 19.0.1.1 driver date 6/15/2016.

I have not seen any of those errors but it's only been a day. So I'll keep an eye on it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

BradyGuy,

Thank you for letting us know that for now all seems to be ok. Please, let us know if you notice this situation still persists.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

BradyGuy,

We are contacting you in order to know if everything is as you expected. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you should you still need our help.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The updated driver appears to have resolved everything. Interestingly enough the windows update process said everything was up to date but I had to manually go to Lenovo web site and get the correct driver. Would be good if windows update could catch driver updates. Thanks for checking back in.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

BradyGuy,

You are ore than welcome. Should you need any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great week!

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos