Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

8265 wifi doesn't work when Bluetooth enabled

Pattt
Beginner
My 8265 wifi card shows no available networks. Sometimes it will show a very weak signal of 2.4ghz networks only. If I uninstall the Intel wireless Bluetooth through device manager the wifi will work again. I can reinstall the Bluetooth but as soon as I reboot the wifi fails again.
I have been trying to solve this issue for over 6 months. Have tried every 'solution' found on the web. Multiple 'clean installs' of the drivers, changing wifi adaptor settings, reset network, installing older drivers etc.
I made a bootable windows 1709 USB and the wifi card works perfectly. Pretty sure it was a windows update that broke it and now there's some sort of conflict between the wifi and Bluetooth driver, I can only have one or the other working.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Pattt

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version gave you issues?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Did you try reinstalling the latest OS version with the latest drivers?
  • Does this happen with different driver versions?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Pattt
Beginner
  • When did it start to happen? Over 6 months ago
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update? OS update, which probably also updated the drivers automatically.
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system? Laptop, Metabox (Clevo) P950HR 
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?  No it's fairly old. I've tried reinstalling the OEM drivers with no effect. 
  • What OS version gave you issues? I think it was after the 20H2 update, currently on the latest version of 21H1. 
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? Original adaptor was 3168 which stopped working so I replaced it with the 8265 which worked breifly with the latest drivers but stopped working after a reboot.  
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? Can't see any networks because the wifi card doesn't work, it shows no networks or occaisionally a very weak signal on 2.4ghz. All other devices in the house have no trouble with this network. 
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Yes it worked fine before the windows update. 
  • Did you try reinstalling the latest OS version with the latest drivers? No but I have tried an older version of windows 1709 and it worked perfectly. Reinstalling windows is a huge undertaking, I have this computer setup for my work and it would take a very long time to reinstall all the software etc. 
  • Does this happen with different driver versions? I have not been able to find any driver version that works, I have tried multiple older versions including the OEM drivers. 

The physical card works perfectly if I uninstall bluetooth from device manager. So it must be a driver issue or conflict. It also works under windows 1709 so something has changed which is causing this issue. There are so many discussions about intel wifi cards breaking online and no-one has a solution that has worked for me besides uninstalling the bluetooth. I need the bluetooth and wifi to work but I can only get one or the other working at one time. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update, if you replaced the laptop's wireless card it's recommended that you contact the manufacturer to confirm compatibility and get the customized drivers for your system specifically. More information:

Also, it seems that your issue is with the Windows update specifically. There are no reports internally with those drivers and you also tried different drivers on the latest Windows but none of them work, please work with Microsoft for more troubleshooting steps and check what else they recommend.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos